Windows 10: Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures

Discus and support Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Occasionally, I like to use Windows 10's Game Bar to perform Screen Captures from disks I run on VLC. For the longest time, I had no issues, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FilmDecrypter, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures

Occasionally, I like to use Windows 10's Game Bar to perform Screen Captures from disks I run on VLC.
    For the longest time, I had no issues, but recently I've encountered the problem of each new capture I make having audio distortions.
    The sound is choppy, when there is no reason for it to be. Occasionally, video can lag in tandem.

During recording, it is possible to identify if the final product will be faulty, for the video will jitter and lag if this is the case.

To clarify - I am only recording source audio; my microphone is not being used to record my voice.
    I do not set my laptop's volume to max - the first time I encountered the issue, it was solved by simply turning down my volume.

Now, it doesn't matter, for the problem persists.

Can anyone suggest why my screen recorder is misbehaving?

:)

FilmDecrypter, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game audio is choppy in the recording. This generally happens when the recording is not ended correctly. We can try restarting the service for Game bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
      keys together to open Task Manager.
    3. Click on More details.
    4. Look for BcastDVRUserService, and click on
      End Task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

You can change the settings how the audio is recorded and see if that helps in resolving the Audio issue. Please navigate to
    Settings (Windows key + I) >> Gaming >> Captures >> Recorded audio. You can change the Audio quality, and change the Microphone and System volume.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 17, 2020
  3. JonMxwll Win User
    Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into
    it. I'm trying to record a video on Minecraft (Java edition), but I'm doing tests first to make sure everything is running correctly. At first, whenever I recorded with my mic, the audio from my game cancelled out, and I couldn't hear it when I played back
    the audio. I fixed that. Once I did fix it though, I ran into a bit of a different problem. I could hear the audio for my mic clearly, like I could before, but the game audio is terrible quality and is all choppy. Another slight problem is that when I am in
    the process of recording, I can hear my microphone audio, but not the game audio.I would insert a video if I could.

***Modified title from: Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue***

JonMxwll, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures

1. Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures - Similar Threads - Laggy Video Choppy

2. SUDDEN Choppy/laggy audio in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SUDDEN Choppy/laggy audio in Windows 11: THE PROBLEMSuddenly, audio becomes extremely choppy, as i there's a 'hole' in the audio every 50ms or so estimation. Happens with external audio interface, I have not have it happen with the regular motherboard audio. It is awful!- I've tried changing the sample rates I...
  3. SUDDEN Choppy/laggy audio in Windows 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SUDDEN Choppy/laggy audio in Windows 11: THE PROBLEMSuddenly, audio becomes extremely choppy, as i there's a 'hole' in the audio every 50ms or so estimation. Happens with external audio interface, I have not have it happen with the regular motherboard audio. It is awful!- I've tried changing the sample rates I...
  4. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  5. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  6. Choppy audio when screen recording

Choppy audio when screen recording: Recently, I faced problem that after I'm screen record a video. When i played it back, the audio seems too choppy and laggy. Hope someone will help me to overcome this issue, as student I need to record my lecture videos. Please someone help me. Thank you * Moved from...
  7. Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings: Hi, I've seen a previous post on this topic here Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Microsoft Community but the response was pretty much a non-answer because the Mod basically told the guy to just reboot everything and check the settings. This is why I'm...
  8. Audio From Screen Record Captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio From Screen Record Captures: When I listen to audio through my headphones it sounds fine, but whenever I screen record anything through the windows game bar screen recorder the audio comes out crackly in the video, this happens when i record from the internal speakers as well...
  9. Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  10. Bluetooth Audio Laggy and Choppy.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio Laggy and Choppy.: Hey Guys, I just recently purchase a newish laptop recently off eBay. Its a HP ProBook 6470b, it didn't came with a hard drive so I pulled the SSD out of my old Dell 1545 which has windows 10 preinstalled. Long story short when I listen to music over Bluetooth to my...