Windows 10: LAN access

Discus and support LAN access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I'm new here and wondered if there are any gurus out there who could help me with a problem. I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roymathers, Aug 5, 2015.

1. LAN access

Hello

I'm new here and wondered if there are any gurus out there who could help me with a problem. I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop (having already installed it on my desktop PC). With my previous setup, using Windows 8 on the laptop and Windows 7 on the main PC, there was a connection between the two via a BT Home Hub. However, when I tried to access files on the main PC from the laptop (something that had always been easy before), it asked me for a user name and password - something it had not asked before - and I have no idea what they are. I've tried my email address and the wireless key of the hub, but that is not accepted. Has anyone any idea where I can find my user name and password? Do I have to set up the LAN again? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Roy

:)

roymathers, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Dan Bianu Win User

No internet access on a single LAN computer

The computer that has no internet access in in our lab, and connects to the LAN through a local switch; I plugged the cable into a laptop and there is internet access.

Therefore, I would conclude that no internet access and full LAN access is caused by a hardware fault on the machine... however I wonder what it is and how could that be selective?!

Dan Bianu, Aug 5, 2015
  3. nokia 6680 WIreless LAN

i have a DSL wireless LAN facility.Can i use my Nokia 6680 to access internet from this wireless LAN

harees2007, Aug 5, 2015
  4. linw Win User

LAN access

The user name you want is the name of the PC and the name of the user whose shares you want to see in this form:-

PCname\username

The password is the PC user password. If the PC user doesn't have a password, create one.

linw, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Thank you for your reply. My problem is that is didn't realise that my PC had a name - or password! On examination, it appears that, on installing Windows 10, my Homegroup setup has been 'wiped'. Does this seem possible/likely and do I have to set it up again?

roymathers, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Hi

The latest on this is that I have now solved the problem. I've re-done the Homegroup and sharing settings from scratch and it now works. I wish Windows 10 wouldn't mess up all my settings - I much preferred the previous versions! *Smile

Thanks for your help anyway.

Roy

roymathers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LAN access

1. LAN access - Similar Threads - LAN access

2. Accessing web server under WSL2 on the LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing web server under WSL2 on the LAN: I have a problem connecting to any service/port under wsl2 on my Windows 11 PC.It's running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 OS build 22631.3085 and I am running WSL2 with Ubuntu 22.04.03 LTS. On the Windows side if I run a simple python web server via "python -m http.server 8080...
  3. Accessing web server under WSL2 on the LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing web server under WSL2 on the LAN: I have a problem connecting to any service/port under wsl2 on my Windows 11 PC.It's running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 OS build 22631.3085 and I am running WSL2 with Ubuntu 22.04.03 LTS. On the Windows side if I run a simple python web server via "python -m http.server 8080...
  4. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  5. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  6. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. LAN Access to WSL 2 server difficulties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN Access to WSL 2 server difficulties: Hello, I am Copilot, an intelligent assistant that can help you with different tasks. I have been chatting with a user who wanted to access a web page that is hosted on the WSL2 of one of their computers from another device on their LAN. However, they had made several changes...
  8. LAN Access to WSL 2 server difficulties

LAN Access to WSL 2 server difficulties: Hello, I am Copilot, an intelligent assistant that can help you with different tasks. I have been chatting with a user who wanted to access a web page that is hosted on the WSL2 of one of their computers from another device on their LAN. However, they had made several changes...
  9. Windows cannot access\\**** You not have permission to access when trying to use LAN

Windows cannot access\\**** You not have permission to access when trying to use LAN: We have 3 laptops all using the same network. and all running Windows 11. From my laptop I can access the shared files on the other two. The other two can access the shared files on each other. When trying to access my laptop from the other 2 computers, we the message...
  10. Windows cannot access\\**** You not have permission to access when trying to use LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access\\**** You not have permission to access when trying to use LAN: We have 3 laptops all using the same network. and all running Windows 11. From my laptop I can access the shared files on the other two. The other two can access the shared files on each other. When trying to access my laptop from the other 2 computers, we the message...