Windows 10: LAN and C Drive Access

Discus and support LAN and C Drive Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 laptops connected via a switch. They are part of a LAN network with static IP addresses. If both computers are connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coachjake, Aug 2, 2018.

1. coachjake Win User

LAN and C Drive Access

I have two Windows 10 laptops connected via a switch. They are part of a LAN network with static IP addresses. If both computers are connected to the internet, both computers can access each others C Drives. If they are both off the internet, they can both access each others C Drives. If one is on the internet, and the other off the internet .... the second computer cannot be accessed from the first. What setting need to be adjusted. Neither machine has a firewall up, and I guarantee that all the advanced sharing settings are correct.

:)

coachjake, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CLAN and C Drive Access :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Aug 2, 2018
  4. LAN and C Drive Access

Can use any administation tools or access c drive

Hello,

Are you able to login to Admin account?

If yes, I suggest you to try the above steps from Step 2 and check if you can access files from C drive.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

LAN and C Drive Access

1. LAN and C Drive Access - Similar Threads - LAN Drive Access

2. No access to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to C: Drive: So essentially, I was tryna give access to a file, and I messed with security permissions which ended up making me lose access to my hard drive altogether. I've tried reinstalling Windows completely, using cmd prompt, reinstalling Windows 10, and then upgrading to Windows 11...
  3. No access to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No access to C: Drive: So essentially, I was tryna give access to a file, and I messed with security permissions which ended up making me lose access to my hard drive altogether. I've tried reinstalling Windows completely, using cmd prompt, reinstalling Windows 10, and then upgrading to Windows 11...
  4. C:/ Drive No Access At All

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:/ Drive No Access At All: I Have Tried Multiple Ways To Gain Access Back To My Main User Account And Non Of Them Have Worked Each Time "Access Is Denied" Even With Administror Account and Safe Mode Control Panel. I Accidently Disabled All Permissions But Read On My leepa user account on c drive and...
  5. Restrict Access to Drive C

Restrict Access to Drive C: Hello! I bought a laptop for my 8y/o son for his online schooling. I have Windows 10 Home and I added him as Family account. I'd like to restrict his access to Drive C where Windows is installed but still be able to use apps that he needs for school that are also...
  6. No Access to C Drive

No Access to C Drive: I'm not good with computers so I need help with a permissions problem on my C Drive. I wiped my laptop recently and tried to add a folder on my C Drive and tried to change it from a read-only file but it wouldn't let me. I tried following a few guides to give myself C Drive...
  7. No access to C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No access to C Drive: Split from this thread. You think you have problems? My "c" Drive has not worked or giving me access to it, as a result of the Windows download or upload to help in my "Windows Experience", I have not...that's NOT received any upgrades for security, version updates, apps,...
  8. C Drive not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C Drive not accessible: Hi. Windows 10 is installed in C drive. By mistake i changed the security settings and now neither i can access it nor i can install anything on it. I've attached few of the pictures. If you can help me in solving this issue i'll be really thankful to you. Thanks,...
  9. LAN access

LAN access: Hello I'm new here and wondered if there are any gurus out there who could help me with a problem. I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop (having already installed it on my desktop PC). With my previous setup, using Windows 8 on the laptop and Windows 7 on the main...
  10. No LAN access

No LAN access: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 Enterprise and after 30 minutes, after one restart, LAN stopped working. I have internet connection but I can't acces my LAN (laptop and storage server). My PC has a Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller. I tried to update the driver,...