Windows 10: LAN and external USB WiFi not working after windows reset PC

Discus and support LAN and external USB WiFi not working after windows reset PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, I have reset Windows 10 Pro last night from Windows Recovery option, but after resetting windows my USB-WIFI and LAN is not working. Wifi connects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hussain Baig, Jan 9, 2021.

1. LAN and external USB WiFi not working after windows reset PC

HI, I have reset Windows 10 Pro last night from Windows Recovery option, but after resetting windows my USB-WIFI and LAN is not working. Wifi connects but shows this message '' No Internet'' same problem with LAN, but when I connect same WiFi USB to other pc, it works perfectly.

I have also reinstalled the fresh windows from USB thinking it might work but still facing the same problem. It has become a bottleneck, so I request you to suggest me any solution to resolve this problem.

Thanks!

:)

Hussain Baig, Jan 9, 2021
  2. James D Win User

ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

I'm trying to set up a small temporary 6 computer network using all Windows 10 Pro PCs running version 1803.

I am trying to share one computers WiFi connection to the other PCs over LAN using an 8 port smart switch.

I searched extensively and not found an answer, some say it's not supported anymore, some say it is but it's configuration etc.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and LAN adapters, enabling sharing on the WiFi card and enabling all the services. On this part I noticed that the services are listed with numbers 1700 - 17xx instead of the names as on win 7.

I've also gone to services.msc to check for the ICS service but it's not listed and I haven't found a way to install it.

I can config the PCs to use static IPs etc but I still haven't managed to get it to work!

Any suggestions that don't involve more hardware would be appreciated!

James D, Jan 9, 2021
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    No wifi /internet access after windows 10 upgrade a month ago

Check list; device manager, network adapters, power management, wake and sleep settings both lan and wifi.

Pc power options, wifi settings, maximum power, if usb adapter turn off usb selective state, if pcie set link state to

moderate or off.

On device manager, driver settings also check advanced tab, the device not being used set power settings to turn off the device.

Also check windows update options if wifi is set to share or metered connections.

If these steps do not work, it may be necessary to turn off the device not being used in the pc bios.

Windows will use a lan connection over a wifi connection, so if lan is connected it can cause problems, disconnect

the lan cable and reboot.

I have two pc's that use usb wifi adapters and I had to perform these steps each time win10 gets updated, so

you are not alone on these issues.

kjl1956, Jan 9, 2021
  4. LAN and external USB WiFi not working after windows reset PC

Wifi and LAN are not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Check the following services are enabled.

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type "services.msc" in the box. Check if these services are enabled:
    - TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service

- Wireless lan

- DHCP

- DNS Client

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

To start the service and set it to automatic, follow these steps:

• Right-click each of the services listed above and click on Properties.
    • Click the General tab, and then, next to Startup type, select Automatic.
    • Click Apply, and then click Start.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if it helps.

Wired and wireless network problems

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

LAN and external USB WiFi not working after windows reset PC

1. LAN and external USB WiFi not working after windows reset PC - Similar Threads - LAN external USB

2. USB Wifi adapter not working even after a PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wifi adapter not working even after a PC reset: Drivers say they are up to date, and no other fix relating to this device has workedI've downloaded and installed the Realtek drivers from the website to no availI've used multiple online driver updaters, who each say the drivers are fully updatedThe device says it's working...
  3. USB Wifi adapter not working even after a PC reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wifi adapter not working even after a PC reset: Drivers say they are up to date, and no other fix relating to this device has workedI've downloaded and installed the Realtek drivers from the website to no availI've used multiple online driver updaters, who each say the drivers are fully updatedThe device says it's working...
  4. USB Wifi adapter not working even after a PC reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WiFi LAN Card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi LAN Card not working: Hello. I have a problem. My computer has an internet problem and I can't fix it. It says that the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card. It says that I should connect the laptop with an ethernet cable, but my laptop doesn't have the thing to insert the cable into....
  6. WiFi LAN Card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi LAN Card not working: Hello. I have a problem. My computer has an internet problem and I can't fix it. It says that the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card. It says that I should connect the laptop with an ethernet cable, but my laptop doesn't have the thing to insert the cable into....
  7. WiFi LAN Card not working

8. Wifi and Lan stops working after windows 10 updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi and Lan stops working after windows 10 updated: Hello Microsoft support Team. Im an HP partner employee. Looking for help to solve this issue ASAP Recently we are getting lots of issues on notebooks regarding wifi and lan stops working after Windows 10 is updated. Steps taken i have tried: 1. uninstalled the drivers...
  9. LAN and WiFI not working correctly after update

LAN and WiFI not working correctly after update: Hi everyone, first, I read many forums about this problem, but I cant find real solution. My problem is, that one beautiful day my Lenovo notebook with latest Insider Windows 10 (11102) stop working LAN (yellow triangle) and Wifi (after few minutes of connection gives...
  10. LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED: Hi there. Any Network Gurus here that might know whether this is possible. I'm trying to get rid of loads of cabling and have very fast wifi already. Is it possible without using a Pci-e wifi card to get a device that plugs into a LAN slot and then acts as a Wifi...