Windows 10: Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Discus and support Lan and wifi connection switching randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevenc47, Nov 9, 2017.

1. stevenc47 Win User

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

:)

stevenc47, Nov 9, 2017
  2. bazyeo Win User

Unable to update my X6

I assume you are using a broadband connection. Is your computer connected to your modem via wifi or a lan cable. If your connection is wifi then I suggest using a Lan cable to connect your computer to the internet through your modem. A Lan cable is more
    reliable than a wifi connection especially when the file is 152mb. I would also suggest that you clear the cache of your computer (including the history) switch your computer off (not restart) switch it back on and when booted open NSU, connect your phone in
    PC Suite mode and try again.

Good look.

bazyeo, Nov 9, 2017
  3. JakeL645 Win User
    Question about nokia 5800 WIFI and e-mail (2 different questions)

Allright as for WIFI:

I connect to my wifi at home, and it stays connected good. And then randomly, say a minute or so later when Im browsing the internet on my phone or whatever, it turns the wifi off and switches to the mobile broadband :smileymad: is there some setting to
    keep it using wifi?

As for the e-mail:

the email application works, but as soon as i click connect to mailbox, it crashes and closes. I have no clue why it does that :smileysurprised: it worked fine before and then randomly started doing that....help!

JakeL645, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Hi stevenc47. Welcome to the TenForums @stevenc47

Go into device manager, find both adapters, right click for properties, power mgmt tab, remove check marks for "allow the computer to power off device to save power".

You could also disable wifi when you don't need it, turn on airplane mode.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

1. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly - Similar Threads - Lan wifi connection

2. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  3. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  4. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  5. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  6. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard, Gigabyte Lan using cat8 cable; connector shows Gigabyte connected speed to netgear GS308E 8 port switch latest firmware also highest rated speed, have run speed test with windows 10 app and online in Chrome, the first test shows my rated...
  8. Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down

Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard, Gigabyte Lan using cat8 cable; connector shows Gigabyte connected speed to netgear GS308E 8 port switch latest firmware also highest rated speed, have run speed test with windows 10 app and online in Chrome, the first test shows my rated...
  9. PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues

PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues: (Windows version number: Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)) So here's my setup. I have a router downstairs plugged into another computer (not mine), and my Pc is upstairs. I use a wifi extender that connects to the router wirelessly, and then I have an ethernet...
  10. Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine

Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine: Hi Have been trying to fix this problem myself for a while now but it has got unworkable and I just can't figure it out. I have two computers in the house - desktop is connected to router (D-Link DIR-655) via Cat5e, laptop via wifi. I work from home a lot and the...