Windows 10: LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

Discus and support LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I did a silly thing and now both my LAN and Wireless Network adaptors are not working. On both I have the following 'device status' "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BryanO'Reilly, Apr 12, 2020.

1. LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

Hi all,

I did a silly thing and now both my LAN and Wireless Network adaptors are not working.

On both I have the following 'device status'

"Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56."

Using a second laptop, I've downloaded and installed most recent drivers, but that didn't fix it.

:)

BryanO'Reilly, Apr 12, 2020

2. Network adaptor

I won't click Me Too because not sure it's identical.

NB: apparently for some problems going to Network Adaptor in Device Mgr and doing UnInstall is step 1.

Reboot re-installs it auto-magically. Which is step 2.

Alas, I ended up with Driver up to date, Adaptor working fine, but
    "Missing Protocol"
    which halts cable network

So no LAN.

BernardBenTremblay, Apr 12, 2020
  3. BOW
    Bow Win User
    No wireless network adaptor? Help Please.

Installed new card, drivers, and the damn thing still does not work and it says the same thing, and the light is still red.
    " This computer does not have a wireless network adaptor installed and configured."
    Any other ideas?

Also could not find anything in the bios.

It works if its pluged in but not wireless

4. newtekie1 Win User

LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

1. LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10 - Similar Threads - LAN Wireless Network

2. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting: Hello,I have laptop with Windows 10 Pro, namely Lenovo ideapad Z560. The wireless adaptor doesn't start even after installing its driver several times. Please do needful.Device OS Specification Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2728;Wireless Adaptor...
  3. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting: Hello,I have laptop with Windows 10 Pro, namely Lenovo ideapad Z560. The wireless adaptor doesn't start even after installing its driver several times. Please do needful.Device OS Specification Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2728;Wireless Adaptor...
  4. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  6. Bluetooth interference with wireless network adaptor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth interference with wireless network adaptor.: I use a HP pavilion laptop which uses Realtek RTL882CE 802.11ac PCle wireless adaptor. The wifi works fine until I turn on the bluetooth, the laptop is connected to the wifi but displays a no internet message, when I diagnose/troubleshoot it says the problem is Default...
  7. Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ??: I have 2 HP-Compaq 8200 SFF and none of them will do the WAKE ON LAN ! DON'T tell me some settings in Windows or network adaptor ... been there, done that AND I have doen what is posible in the BIOS too ... still no luck ! Can I just get a network adaptor that I know...
  8. Wireless Network Adaptor problems

Wireless Network Adaptor problems: Every few months I lose internet connection on my computer and I get the same error message about problem with the network adaptor. I have the following message: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems. I...
  9. REALTEK USB Wireless LAN adaptor recognizes wifi network but won't connect

REALTEK USB Wireless LAN adaptor recognizes wifi network but won't connect: Hi, My REALTEK USB Wireless LAN adaptor was working just fine for several days but stopped working in the middle of downloading a large file. It recognizes and connects to my wifi network however the status of the connection is "Not Associated" and therefore isn't allowing...
  10. Wireless adaptor not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adaptor not working?: This is the basic desktop specs I have Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lan network not working in windows 10