Windows 10: LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

Discus and support LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I hope you can help me. I have a lingering problem. I can use internet through wifi, but I cant use internet through LAN cable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dean Maloloyon, Nov 21, 2020.

1. LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

Hello Everyone. I hope you can help me.

I have a lingering problem. I can use internet through wifi, but I cant use internet through LAN cable. I am using Windows 10.

Here's what I have done so far. ipconfig /flushdns , ipconfig /release ipconfig/renew . I tried every advise , reset network set DHCP to automatic. did network diagnose and everything but issue persists. It seems that the ipv4 address is wrong, but when I tried to manually set it, same things happen. I am desperate. Thanks in advance for helping.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 12-34-56-78-90-AB
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::28ee:c137:c6e6:c3b9%13Preferred
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 7.175.167.126Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.192.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, November 22, 2020 8:28:51 AM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:28:50 AM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 7.175.128.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 7.175.128.1
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 219725901
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-39-63-42-18-C0-4D-3D-64-7E
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

:)

Dean Maloloyon, Nov 21, 2020

2. Internet thru lan cable not working

okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find any driver installed on my pc

things i have tried

uninstalling drivers

launching in safe mode

resetting pc

resetting network settings

after getting disconnected

i have a dlink wifi adapter which i used to get internet working, after some time even the wifi adapter stopped working there was no internet connection the pc was showing that d'link is connected to pc but there was no internet access (i got it back working
    after unlimited restarts and plugs and unplugs) can any 1 here help me out of this situation

also there is no light blinking where the internet cable is connected (back of the cabinet)

i also opened my cabinet for some cleaning few weeks back before i had this problem could be a lose wire or something

Anshul010101010, Nov 21, 2020
  3. altae Win User
    My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Nov 21, 2020
  4. LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

LAN Port stopped working suddenly

Hello everyone,

I came home yesterday to find that my PC in my specs had no Internet connection. I narrowed it down to be the PC itself and not any cables/modem/router etc. Now I went ahead and tried uninstalling and installing the LAN drivers again but it doesn't detect a LAN port.

At this point it gives me an error message and states that the Realtek Ethernet Controller could be in "Deep Sleep Mode". To connect the cable to get it going. However cable is connected and verified to work.

I've googled intensively and have tried many suggestions such as certain command prompts, registry edits, special permissions, and different methods of installing the drivers.

Is my LAN Port dead, or something else might be the issue? Please note we did have a power outage yesterday as my other PC had also restarted like the one with the problem did. The second PC is perfectly fine though. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks in advance. *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

1. LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works - Similar Threads - LAN Cable connected

2. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  4. Cable is Connected but no Internet

Cable is Connected but no Internet: Hi I'm newly moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro After installing this OS I'm facing the most worst thing is Internet Connectivity Problem. I plugged cable direct from Modem to my PC, Internet is working fine on other devices but not on my Windows machine. I installed...
  5. No internet connection with cable or wifi

No internet connection with cable or wifi: Hi there! I have encountered a problem regarding a reinstallation of Windows 10. The problem is that I can not find any internet even though I have än internet cable connected to my PC. It must be added that I have both tried to use different types of DNS serverd. As well...
  6. wifi connection doesnt work when connected to lan cable

wifi connection doesnt work when connected to lan cable: so all of a sudden my lan cable connection to my laptop says "no internet" and the internet doesnt work since i put the cable to my laptop but when plug out the cable it works even though its quite slow. please help, thank you all sm...
  7. LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iamsad26 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7zyax/lan_cable_connected_wifi_also_available_but_no/
  8. BSOD when LAN cable is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when LAN cable is connected: Hi, I'm encountering a weird BSOD behavior. Windows boot up nicely when it is not connected to the network. Once Windows is connected to the network it will cause BSOD. The system is able to recover upon restart and removing the network cable. I'm currently using 19H1 OS...
  9. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...: The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason. The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS server. So I changed the DNS server addresses in "Adaptor settings " and in the ADSL setting ,it worked for three days ,but it...
  10. Internet thru lan cable not working

Internet thru lan cable not working: okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find any driver installed on my pc things i have tried uninstalling drivers launching in safe mode resetting pc resetting...