Windows 10: LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP!

Discus and support LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iamsad26 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iamsad26, Aug 11, 2020.

1. LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP!

/u/iamsad26, Aug 11, 2020
  2. stevenc47 Win User

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Aug 11, 2020
  3. ajay6912 Win User
    Internet connection through wired LAN

I tried to connect to internet through wired lan. Actually I could connect to same lan with a wifi and even I could access internet through a connection at the back of wifi router(i.e.wired). But I could not directly connect to internet through lan wire(i.e.
    ethernet) cable. Presently it was solved automatically after some time but if the problem arises again what should I do?

I could connect to the same lan through wifi router and mobile was also getting network with router. Only my PC could not connect with cable to ethernet. When I have run trouble shooting, it has shown me that I didnot have IP adress available and DHCP not
    available. For the second time it has shown me that www.microsoft.com is not reachable.

So please tell me tips that I should follow when I face the problem again.

Please ignore my spelling mistakes

ajay6912, Aug 11, 2020
  4. provlima Win User

LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP!

Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
    I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
    Is this a new Xfinity feature??

provlima, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP!

1. LAN cable connected. Wifi also available but no internet available. HELP! - Similar Threads - LAN cable connected

2. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to wifi/not available: Over the weekend my computer suddenly lost connection to the WiFi. I've attempted every fix I've found on countless pages including resetting my network settings, forgetting connections, restarting router, multiple pc resets. Nothing works, I'm able to see connections 10% of...
  3. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi/not available: Over the weekend my computer suddenly lost connection to the WiFi. I've attempted every fix I've found on countless pages including resetting my network settings, forgetting connections, restarting router, multiple pc resets. Nothing works, I'm able to see connections 10% of...
  4. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet Connection Not Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Not Available: Hi,So my laptop literally doesn’t have an option to connect to internet at all. I have tried everything in other suggestions and I don’t know what to do. On my new laptop which is a Dell it’s showing the below on network connections And my old laptop which is a HP shows this...
  6. Internet Connection Not Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Not Available: Hi,So my laptop literally doesn’t have an option to connect to internet at all. I have tried everything in other suggestions and I don’t know what to do. On my new laptop which is a Dell it’s showing the below on network connections And my old laptop which is a HP shows this...
  7. Internet Connection Not Available

8. No internet connection with cable or wifi

No internet connection with cable or wifi: Hi there! I have encountered a problem regarding a reinstallation of Windows 10. The problem is that I can not find any internet even though I have än internet cable connected to my PC. It must be added that I have both tried to use different types of DNS serverd. As well...
  9. Unable to connect to wifi but wifi is available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi but wifi is available: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but it seems like I cant get answers anywhere. Anyways, my pc has been getting internet issues for the past month now. I have accesible wifi on all devices in my house except for my pc. Every morning i boot up, i have to restart...
  10. LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works: Hello Everyone. I hope you can help me. I have a lingering problem. I can use internet through wifi, but I cant use internet through LAN cable. I am using Windows 10. Here's what I have done so far. ipconfig /flushdns , ipconfig /release ipconfig/renew . I tried every...