Windows 10: LAN cable eliminator !!!

Discus and support LAN cable eliminator !!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I've been posting recently about the advantages of using an Ethernet Wifi bridge recently - and how you can use an old router to use DD-WRT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Mar 13, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

LAN cable eliminator !!!

Hi there

I've been posting recently about the advantages of using an Ethernet Wifi bridge recently - and how you can use an old router to use DD-WRT to create one.

However if you are a bit nervous about flashing routers (only do it on one you could throw away if it goes wrong as it is possible to Brick it) - the EDIMAX AC750 multi-function dual band router has all these facilities available and an absolutely fool proof way of doing it to. You can even set it up wirelessly and simply then connect your Ethernet cable to it and you are then connected to the rest of your network -- Great for connecting NAS boxes to remote TV's etc when you can't store the NAS near your primary router and it doesn't have a wifi facility -- in any case most of these NAS boxes use some type of Linux which on the whole is really rotten with Wifi anyway.

I've just installed one of these at a friend's house (and still getting decent response for streaming after going through TWO (yes TWO not 1 Wifi extender !!!!) So Router/cable-->extender1---extender2---wifi-bridge--lan cable--NAS.
    He's still getting 300 Mb/s -- plenty enough for streaming / backup / file share / vm's.

EDIMAX Multi-Function Concurrent Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router BR-6208AC - Newegg.com

For around 30 USD - no brainer IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 13, 2016
  2. Blafam Win User

external hard drive

It is a LAN cable that comes out of the Buffalo hard drive with the same LAN connector on the other end, not USB.

Blafam, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Lan Cable won't be detected

Hello to everyone who is going to take the time to read this.

Already my apologies for my English, it isn't that good.

But anyway, I have been trying to get my Lan driver(s) working for over 2 weeks now. I just upgraded to Windows 10 Education and it works like a charm. The only problem that prevents me from practically doing anything on this computer is the Lan adapter.
    I also have a Wifi adapter, unplugged it, plugged it back in, no changes at all. I tried to install drivers from the official Intel and Gigabyte website, but both didn't work for my system. I tried Windows update and also installing the Windows 8.1 and 7 Lan
    drivers, didn't work...

I hope someone is willing to help me out on this one, My knowledge about pc's and that kinds of things stops here, Hahah

I don't know too much about software, only hardware. I know how to install Microsoft Windows, open ISO files, use WinRAR and excel. that kinds of stuf, but i'm gettin' the feeling that there isn't even a fix yet for this problem.

The specs of my computer

My graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD7900

Motherboard: Gigabyte, couldn't tell which type.

LAN cable eliminator !!! [​IMG]

Everyone: Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,Tom Koopman

TomKoopman, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

LAN cable eliminator !!!

1. LAN cable eliminator !!! - Similar Threads - LAN cable eliminator

2. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  6. Lan cable is not recognized

Lan cable is not recognized: I have a problem with my internet. I see that I have not plugged in a LAN cable, although I plugged one in. I've already tried to reinstall the network adapter and the driver. It did not work. What should I do?...
  7. Lan cable is not recognized but directly at the router already?

Lan cable is not recognized but directly at the router already?: The lan cable on my laptop is no longer recognized. But only in my room. If I connect it directly to the router via LAN it works smoothly. Operating system is Win 10. Router is a Fritzbox. Lan Kabel wird nicht erkannt aber direkt am Router schon?
  8. BSOD when LAN cable is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when LAN cable is connected: Hi, I'm encountering a weird BSOD behavior. Windows boot up nicely when it is not connected to the network. Once Windows is connected to the network it will cause BSOD. The system is able to recover upon restart and removing the network cable. I'm currently using 19H1 OS...
  9. Repair Lan Cables (the plastic ends)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repair Lan Cables (the plastic ends): Hi there does anybody else have a problem with this -- I have loads of LAN cable but I'm always breaking at least one of the end plastic connectors Is there any way to put a new one on the end of the cable -- it's such a waste getting new cable because I've just broken the...
  10. Internet thru lan cable not working

Internet thru lan cable not working: okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find any driver installed on my pc things i have tried uninstalling drivers launching in safe mode resetting pc resetting...