Windows 10: LAN Connection/communication Defined

Discus and support LAN Connection/communication Defined in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There appears to be several "Hooks" within the Win 10 OS to prepare for and then actually communicate with another's PC server, et al. I've read the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HomeFrontGuRu, May 6, 2021.

1. LAN Connection/communication Defined

There appears to be several "Hooks" within the Win 10 OS to prepare for and then actually communicate with another's PC server, et al. I've read the jargon surrounding workgroups, homegroups and the like and still I'm confused about what's happening when I get the digital digit, "access denied" or some other innocuous error report. Can anyone explain, in user terminology. What does an administrator of a LAN have to do to connect and communicate. Are there HW/SW switches to be configured, and what is a "Network Credential" as opposed to User Credential. When in the "Advanced Sharing

:)

HomeFrontGuRu, May 6, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, May 6, 2021
  3. Home LAN Connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Set existing LAN connection as default.

To do that,

1. Click on the network icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    2. Now click on ‘Network & Internet settings’.
    3. Select ‘Change adapter options’.
    4. Now tap on ‘Alt’ key on the keyboard to display the file menu.
    5. Click on ‘Advanced’ options.
    6. Now click on ‘Advanced settings’.
    7. Click on the network that you are currently using. (Network 2 in your case).
    8. Click on the green arrow pointing upwards.
    9. Now click on OK.

Method 2: Update Network adaptor drivers.

I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Update drivers in Windows 10.
    Please follow the steps provided in this article with respect you’re Network Adapters.

If the issue persist, you can try the remaining steps from the following article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows and check if that
    helps.

Reply with information to the above questions, in order to assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 6, 2021
  4. LAN Connection/communication Defined

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, May 6, 2021
Thema:

LAN Connection/communication Defined

1. LAN Connection/communication Defined - Similar Threads - LAN Connection communication

2. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan limited connectivity: My laptop loses connection and frreezes. It seems losing some conenctivity for a while and comeback.In the event log i noticed 10016 and 1014 could be a hint of problem....
  3. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan limited connectivity: My laptop loses connection and frreezes. It seems losing some conenctivity for a while and comeback.In the event log i noticed 10016 and 1014 could be a hint of problem....
  4. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAN limited connectivity: Good morning sirs,in a laptop I notice sometimes the LAN connection is lost and then the PC freezes.In the Event log i noticed ID 10016 and 1014 that could be an hint for the problem. Here the linkDo you have any suggestion?...
  6. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN limited connectivity: Good morning sirs,in a laptop I notice sometimes the LAN connection is lost and then the PC freezes.In the Event log i noticed ID 10016 and 1014 that could be an hint for the problem. Here the linkDo you have any suggestion?...
  7. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  9. Home LAN Connection

Home LAN Connection: I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the...
  10. Set Lan Manager Authentication level back to "Not Defined"

Set Lan Manager Authentication level back to "Not Defined": I need to set the lan manager authentication level back to "not defined" in security settings in Windows 10 Pro. Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level” I changed this to another value by accident and cant find a way to put it back to "not defined". This is...