Windows 10: LAN connection

Discus and support LAN connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Philip Gross, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

1. LAN connection

On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available. Obviously the sharing between to the computers is not set properly.

Microsoft is very lax is providing a clear explanation of setting this type of simple sharing between two systems where no security is needed or wanted. We both uses Windows 10 Pro and keep our systems up-to-date constantly.

Can anyone provide me a simple explanation of how to set up such sharing?

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

3. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

4. LAN connection

LAN connection

Keep getting ERRor 651 when trying to connect LAN. New cables connections good. Any suggestions.

PeterStevensXO, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:53 AM
Thema:

LAN connection

1. LAN connection - Similar Threads - LAN connection

2. PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues: (Windows version number: Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)) So here's my setup. I have a router downstairs plugged into another computer (not mine), and my Pc is upstairs. I use a wifi extender that connects to the router wirelessly, and then I have an ethernet...
  3. Lan connection is steadily disconnected

Lan connection is steadily disconnected: I need to establish remote connection using a remote desktop. But my Lan connection keeps being disconnected. I have to move the mouse to resume this data connection....
  4. Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer

Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer: We are a small office with a LAN peer to peer network. All computers are running Windows 10 Pro. Suddenly, one computer is unable to see one other computer. Computer #2 is able to see Computer #1. All other office computers are able to see Computer #2 and Computer #1....
  5. Minecraft LAN games - Unable to Connect errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft LAN games - Unable to Connect errors.: We have 5 computers in the house: Mom PC Dad PC Son PC Daughter Laptop Dad Laptop We get intermittent periods days and weeks where some computers can't connect to worlds on other computers. Other times it's fine. We can always connect to worlds on Son PC and...
  6. Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...: Windows 10 Home Hi, My PC has Wireless connection to the Internet and LAN thru a router, and it has 2 Ethernet that are free. I connect my NAS to an Ethernet port on my PC and and I share the internet connection with the Ethernet 2, then I can connect from my PC to the NAS...
  7. Recurring LAN Disconnection - "Intel Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected"

Recurring LAN Disconnection - "Intel Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected": My LAN connection seems to be disconnecting and reconnecting when under high load, ie streaming. I believe it also does this when I boot the computer up, but the issue causes any high-load streaming to buffer consistently because of the cycling connection. The issue is...
  8. Windows 10 Lan connectivity keeps getting disconnected.

Windows 10 Lan connectivity keeps getting disconnected.: I am trying to access the computer through remote desktop. But my computer data connection keeps getting disconnected and will require to move the mouse to resume the data connection. I have set the driver to not allow windows to turn off the data connection. I have also...
  9. Windows 10 1903 wifi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 wifi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity issues: Hi, the following happened after running the Windows 10 update from 1803 to 1903 on 29 Oct 2019, after shutdown and then boot on 30 Oct 2019: - Could not connect to Wifi network (Broadcom adapter) - Could not connect to modem using ethernet cable to modem (Broadcom adapter)...
  10. USB modem block LAN connections

USB modem block LAN connections: Hi. I have a server machine whose IP address is 10.202.2.30/27 and clients connecting to the server from networks 10.202.2.1/27 and 10.202.0.1/24. Everything was fine until I plugged a USB modem to the server. When it is connected to the internet, clients in 10.202.0.1/24...