Windows 10: LAN disconnects when screen turns off

Discus and support LAN disconnects when screen turns off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, been having this problem for a while, tried every possible solutions, still doesnt work whenever my screen turns off laptop, LAN disconnects with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomTT_246, Jan 9, 2021.

1. TomTT_246 Win User

LAN disconnects when screen turns off

Hey, been having this problem for a while, tried every possible solutions, still doesnt work

whenever my screen turns off laptop, LAN disconnects with it...VERY annoying.

LAN disconnects when screen turns off 623b501a-f743-411a-966d-8b79f00ef167?upload=true.jpg LAN disconnects when screen turns off 736f6460-16df-4ad7-80c9-56dd2faf05e9?upload=true.jpg LAN disconnects when screen turns off 82ffd93b-312f-4a5f-a10d-502b969ca7a8?upload=true.jpg

:)

TomTT_246, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Homyjoe Win User

external display disconnects LAN?

So I'm using a laptop with windows 10 through HDMI to a TV for display, after 10-20 seconds my LAN on modem turns off. forcing me to restart modem because all devices disconnect. I am able to use the laptop without the TV turned on, but as soon as I turn on the TV my internet goes kaput.... any suggestions. I am 100% sure its a windows 10 problem.

Homyjoe, Jan 9, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Lan connectivity keeps getting disconnected.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Lan connection get disconnected automatically and you need to move the mouse to resume the connection.

We can try changing the Power Management settings for the Network Adapter and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Network Adapter, and select
      Properties.
    4. Now, go to Power Management tab.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. LAN disconnects when screen turns off - Similar Threads - LAN disconnects screen

2. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  3. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  4. Windows 11 is disconnecting the network connection when the screen is turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is disconnecting the network connection when the screen is turned off.: Windows 11 Pro on a brand new PC, is disconnecting the Network Connection immediately, when the screen is turned off.Windows is fully updated and drivers are manually updated to the latest version.It does not matter if the screen is turned off by Windows power settings, or...
  5. Windows 11 is disconnecting the network connection when the screen is turned off.

Windows 11 is disconnecting the network connection when the screen is turned off.: Windows 11 Pro on a brand new PC, is disconnecting the Network Connection immediately, when the screen is turned off.Windows is fully updated and drivers are manually updated to the latest version.It does not matter if the screen is turned off by Windows power settings, or...
  6. Windows 10 Wake on LAN when the computer is turned off, it appears turned on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wake on LAN when the computer is turned off, it appears turned on: Hi, I recently configured WoL and it worked correctly. The first 3-4 times the computer turned on without problems. Now, when i turn off the computer, it remains turned on in the application. I tried to change the application - it didn't help. I have tried many solutions, all...
  7. Windows 10 Wake on LAN when the computer is turned off, it appears turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wake on LAN when the computer is turned off, it appears turned on: Hi, I recently configured WoL and it worked correctly. The first 3-4 times the computer turned on without problems. Now, when i turn off the computer, it remains turned on in the application. I tried to change the application - it didn't help. I have tried many solutions, all...
  8. Windows 10 Wake on LAN when the computer is turned off, it appears turned on

9. Turn off wake on lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off wake on lan: Can someone tell me how to turn of WOL becuase everynight my computers turns on at 5:55 AM and its getting annoying submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9rqc/turn_off_wake_on_lan/
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...