Windows 10: LAN doesn't work after upgrading 7 to 10 HP Proliant server

Discus and support LAN doesn't work after upgrading 7 to 10 HP Proliant server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The PC case is a cube, a little larger than the size of the DVD-ROM drive, not sure if there is any expansion slot to install another NIC card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spapakons, Nov 7, 2017.

1. spapakons Win User

LAN doesn't work after upgrading 7 to 10 HP Proliant server

The PC case is a cube, a little larger than the size of the DVD-ROM drive, not sure if there is any expansion slot to install another NIC card. However, since I can do my job flawlessly with the USB Wi-Fi dongle (router is 15m away and I have full signal), I don't mind.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2017
  2. bro67 Win User

If you look it up, it is a EOL or device with Planned Obsolescence in mind. It should still be able to run Windows 7 or just put in a different Network card, specifically a Intel card and they would be up and running by now.

bro67, Nov 12, 2017
  3. bro67 Win User
    You have to remove the old card to put the new one in. You can get them pretty cheap these days on Amazon and Newegg. The Rosewell cards are pretty good and I have yet to have any issues with those.

bro67, Nov 12, 2017
  4. spapakons Win User

I haven't opened the case, but I think the card is onboard (on the motherboard), so I can only install a new card (if there is any available slot) or keep using the USB dongle. Last time I tried to force-install the latest HP driver for Server 2008 the computer would hang at the Windows logo with the spinning dots! I had to go back to the latest system restore point to resume. So I would rather not try any more drivers. I need a better and safer solution, such as chaning the NIC card. Thank you for your help.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2017
  5. spapakons Win User
    I will mark the thread solved, but if you have any new suggestions (other than drivers and chaning the card) you are welcome.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes the NIC is embedded, yes you can also disable it in the bios and put a half-height Intel card in that will work. You can get the Rosewell cards cheaper than the name brand. This is the Wiki on your computer. You really need to do the research instead of waiting for someone to come back and answer to give you the same answer over and over again. You think that one of us can just magically make the machine run a driver that is not available for your OS that you are running, is not going to work, especially for a machine that was made to run as a Server not for a desktop.

HP MicroServer N40L Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

bro67, Nov 13, 2017
  7. spapakons Win User
    I didn't wait something magic to happen. It could be a Windows service that I am not aware of. It could be some commands in powershell I don't know of. It could be anything. I have a large experience in desktop Windows versions, and PCs, but haven't worked with servers, so I may be missing something. Thank you for your help.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. LAN doesn't work after upgrading 7 to 10 HP Proliant server - Similar Threads - LAN doesn't upgrading

2. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command: Hello, Wake on LAN only works after shutting off my pc using the power button on my pc or pressing shut down button in windows menu, but not after i use command "shutdown - s" in cmd, or any other app using commands to do this.I want to turn off my pc using Push2Run so i can...
  3. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command: Hello, Wake on LAN only works after shutting off my pc using the power button on my pc or pressing shut down button in windows menu, but not after i use command "shutdown - s" in cmd, or any other app using commands to do this.I want to turn off my pc using Push2Run so i can...
  4. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WebCame doesn't work after window 10 was upgraded

in Windows 10 Customization
    WebCame doesn't work after window 10 was upgraded: [ATTACH] I would like to use Zoom meeting with my n/b camera. I can't use my webcam with win10. My notebook Model is SonicMaster S551LN Asus. It's touch screen notebook and came within win 8 OS. My Webcam was not enable after I upgraded to win 10. I have been tried so...
  6. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  7. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7: Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker icon in my taskbar. Can't even use my microphone. This issue wasn't present until I installed Windows 10. I try restarting...
  8. HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver

HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver: Hi there For those running Windows (retail ) or a Windows server version on one of these excellent little Cube boxes you can ignore the base system device driver when you look at the system devices list -- doesn't effect the working at all. I know some people use these...
  9. HP proliant Gen 10 Microserver replacing my Gen 8

HP proliant Gen 10 Microserver replacing my Gen 8: Hi folks I've just upgraded one of my 2 aging HP Gen 8 Microservers with the Gen 10 model -- I love the small cube micro size of these servers. The new Gen 10 has a significantly more powerful processor, more RAM can be allocated up to 32 GB (the Gen 8 had a Max of...
  10. Realtek 8111F Gigabit Lan not working after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek 8111F Gigabit Lan not working after upgrade to Windows 10: After upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 my internet connection via Realtek 8111F Gigabit LAN (built-in to my Asus P8Z77-M Pro motherboard) was lost. WiFi still worked. Had to revert to Windows 8.1. Anyone have a solution please? 11304

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen 7 lan wont work