Windows 10: LAN driver missing from Device Manager

Discus and support LAN driver missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; And so I cannot use a LAN connection, I can use wi-fi though. I've tried another LAN cable although I since found there is no LAN driver anyway.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bertie11, Jan 2, 2017.

1. bertie11 Win User

LAN driver missing from Device Manager

And so I cannot use a LAN connection, I can use wi-fi though. I've tried another LAN cable although I since found there is no LAN driver anyway.

Windows 10 Anniversary Build, latest (I think).

I can get LAN connection working OK on another laptop from the same router. I don't know what the driver is even so I'm not sure how I can download it.

Thanks!

:)

bertie11, Jan 2, 2017

2. W10 Fall Creators killed Realtek LAN 7.49.927.2011

After the W10 Fall Creator update today, 11/17/17, my LAN fails. Symptom is a RED X on the network icon in systray, Device Manager shows both Realtek LAN are installed and working, but the LAN LEDs are not blinking as they normally do, and my PC is disconnected
    from my switch. While Device Manager reports no problems, the Troubleshooter reported the LAN driver has failed.

Removing / reinstalling the Realtek LAN driver for by Gigabyte GA-P55a-UD7 (driver 7.49.927.2011, from 2011) produced a 'cant find file' error and the LAN was dead. Running the LAN driver setup.exe again but in W7 compatibility mode, I did not see the 'cant
    find file' error but network adaptors still do not work. The Troubleshooter reports the LAN device driver has failed, and cannot fix it. Again, removing and reinstalling the 7.49.927.2011 (the latest GA-P55A-UD7 driver) does not help either.

This is my second attempt. Yesterday it did the same, but worked OK after rolling back the update.

Yesterday like today, Device Manager showed Ethernet LAN working normally, with no problems, but the Troubleshoot found Ethernet LAN 'Driver may not be installed correctly: Problem Not Fixed" There is some disconnect between Device Manager (which reports
    no problems) and Troubleshooter which does see LAN problems.

Is my Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7 system board no longer compatible with Windows? The system board is six years old, from 2011.

Dennis

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Jean Valjean, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Imaging devices driver missing from Device manager after Windows 10 Update

Hello,

As I mentioned in problem before, I dont have any folder called Imaging devices. So theres no provision for uninstalling,updating or anything!

Regards,

Harish

HarishVenkatraman, Jan 2, 2017
  4. LAN driver missing from Device Manager

Give us the model number of your laptop then we'll sort out the driver that you need.

RoasterMen, Jan 2, 2017
  5. bertie11 Win User
    I should have thought of that!

Envy 15 J2E80EA#ABU

Thank you!

bertie11, Jan 2, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    If it's one of these: HP ENVY 15-q005tx Notebook, here's a link to its maintenance and service guide: it says you've got a variety of WiFi module possibilities including:WLAN module:
    Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0
    HMC Combo Adapter 753076-001
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11ac 1×1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter 710662-001
    Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 690020-001
    Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter 709848-001
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter 756753-001
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter 784638-001
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11AC 2x2+ BT 4.0 Combo Adapter 784650-001Could you please open up Device Manager and get the info on your wireless adapter (or the vendor's hardware IDs if it's not clear what's what)?
    thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 2, 2017
  7. bertie11 Win User
    Hi Ed,

This is my model:
    HP ENVY 15-j151sa Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)Model #: J2E80ESerial #: 5CG43011ZY. This is brought up with HP 'Identify now' link.

The only network adapter listed is a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wi-fi adapter.

I have tried installing what 'seemed' to be the correct driver only for the install to halt with a message 'Realtek Network Controller was not found'. If deep sleep mode is enabled Please plug the cable. whatever that means! but I'm not even sure I had the right driver, just what HP told me I needed.

bertie11, Jan 2, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Jan 2, 2017
  9. bertie11 Win User
    bertie11, Jan 3, 2017
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Good for you! Glad you found a workable solution. Hope it doesn't happen too often, though.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. LAN driver missing from Device Manager - Similar Threads - LAN driver missing

2. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  3. Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager: So, I accidentally ended the task of windows explorer in the task manager and then the desktop was gone.I restarted it, everything became normal but now the fingerprint isn't working. I have installed the drivers for my laptop again from the manufacturer's website but the...
  4. Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager: So, I accidentally ended the task of windows explorer in the task manager and then the desktop was gone.I restarted it, everything became normal but now the fingerprint isn't working. I have installed the drivers for my laptop again from the manufacturer's website but the...
  5. Bluetooth driver is missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver is missing from device manager: Hi , I have a Asus All in One PC ZN270IE Yesterday , my bluetooth just stopped working out of sudden, and I discovered the bluetooth driver is now missing from my PC's device manager I have downloaded and installed the latest BT driver from Asus, but its still not...
  6. Bluetooth Driver is Missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Driver is Missing from Device Manager: I updated Windows today, the OS build says 18362.1016. Then, went on to use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update the drivers. Now, there was a Bluetooth update that I got and installed, but in the device manager, it said there was some error, Code 54. I just...
  7. Webcam driver is missing from device manager

Webcam driver is missing from device manager: About a year ago, I bought a HP Probook 650 G1 and Memory Express installed Windows 10. They did not verify everything was working before selling it, I guess. Usually, installing/updating drivers resolves the issue but I still cannot get the built-in webcam working. Under...
  8. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager: Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it...
  9. Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager

Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager: Bluetooth not working- the devices get paired but not connected, and the windows HFP audio device 97 driver was first not configured properly, then got uninstalled, and now is completely missing from Device Manger, and other devices missing tab is completely missing from...
  10. Drivers are missing in Device Manager.

Drivers are missing in Device Manager.: My others devices are missing in device manager and giving me an unknown device.Pus i don't find sm bus controller in device manager after windows 10 update version 1709.This issue happened after one month suddenly.I had all the windows not functioning suddenly after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter 753076-001