Windows 10: LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs

Discus and support LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to transfer videos and photos from my old PC to the new but the transfer rate is very slow. I have a gigabit router and both PCs are wired.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DigitalPixel, Mar 10, 2019.

1. LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs

I'm trying to transfer videos and photos from my old PC to the new but the transfer rate is very slow. I have a gigabit router and both PCs are wired. Sometimes it gets to around 900Mbps then drops down to 50Mbps or even zero. Both PCs are on Windows 10 Pro 1809.

So far I have tried the following but nothing helps:

Disable NetBIOS on both PCs
    Disable Auto tuning on both PCs
    Disable Large Send Offload V1/V2 on new PC. Old PC does not have this listed.
    Disable Remote Differential compression on both PCs
    Increase Jumbo packet to maximum on both PCs

Any other ideas?

:)

DigitalPixel, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Slow as LAN transfer rate

We've managed to fix this problem, by only doing network transfers one way.

If she copies files from over the network, she now gets 12MB/s - at 90-100% CPU usage. If we try and copy files to her PC, it slows to 3MB/s and her CPU lags out.

Mussels, Mar 10, 2019
  3. trebor Win User
    Slow Lan connection ONLY between my PC and a MAC

I'm trying to transfer some files over LAN from a Windows 10 PC to a Mac and it's incredibly slow around 2 MB/s.

I've tried the following with exactly the same files.

• Transfer from my PC to another PC everything works great around 100 MB/s
    • Transfer from another PC to the MAC again around 100 MB/s
    • Unplug Ethernet cable from my pc and switch to Wifi still slow
    • Plug the Ethernet cable from the other PC into mine and still slow.
    • Disable Windows AV
    • Update Windows
    • Turn off Remote Differential Compression API Support
    • Use IP address instead of machine name

I'm completely out of ideas, I'm pretty sure it's my machine considering that the transfer speed from the others is OK.

It really looks like it has something to do with my machine, I just can't figure out what.

Extra info

• Windows 10 Pro 1709 Build 16299.371
    • Alienware 17 R4 with a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    • It's not a direct connection to the PC we use a router
    • Files are copied with Windows Explorer

trebor, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Kbird Win User

LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs

File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

Checked Netbios is enabled , not on Default ? (on all PC's on Win 10 , it seems to be an issue for some)

Also if Jumbo Frame is Enabled and your Router or the other PC can't use it , it will cause issues like this . EVERY DEVICE on the LAN MUST Support JumboFrame if you use it. ie my C7 ARCHER can't.... everything else can....

LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs [​IMG]

If that doesn't help , this is my goto list I posted in another Thread for them to check too.

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

Kbird, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs

1. LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs - Similar Threads - LAN file transfer

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to share files between two PCs

Trying to share files between two PCs: I have two PCs running the latest Windows 10 software connected to the same network. I really need to be able to have the computers see each other so I can share files between the two. However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I always seem to have problems. For the sake...
  6. FAILED File transfer between PCs

FAILED File transfer between PCs: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  7. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...
  8. File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random: ok folks.......i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge of going back to windows 7. Tried everything. help me. please. i have an x99 chipset pc, i7 5820k, 16gb ram, gtx nvidia 970 - its a good pc (meant to be anyway............). it's connected directly...
  9. Slow transfer speed between two builds

Slow transfer speed between two builds: Hey, y'all I just finished a new build and turned my old setup into a server/data host for my network. Both computers have a fresh install of windows and are connected together through a router with a Cat6 and Cat5 cable with a average connection of 200Down/30Up. Issue im...
  10. Best way to transfer files and programs between two Win 10 PCs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to transfer files and programs between two Win 10 PCs?: I just received a new Win 10 PC with a 500 Gb SSD for my primary drive (OS and programs) and an internal 1Tb conventional HDD for my data (library). I would like to transfer my programs and files from my existing Win 10 PC to my new PC. My existing PC has two conventional...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lan file transfer slow

2. file transfer between windows Pcs are slow