Windows 10: [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?

Discus and support [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the following situation: - Main PC - Home Server PC (for media files and backup purpose) - HTPC PC (in the living room) - Synology NAS - 2nd PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Snowwie, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Snowwie Win User

[LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?

I have the following situation:

- Main PC
    - Home Server PC (for media files and backup purpose)
    - HTPC PC (in the living room)
    - Synology NAS
    - 2nd PC (for just in case)
    - 3th PC for backup files

I want to share the files on the Home Server PC for just ONLY my own (main) PC and the HTPC (read only). If I click on a map on the Home Server PC and click on Share then it's not entirely clear to me how to share with only my main pc. The only workaround is that I share the stuff with "Everyone"...

Read more

Snowwie, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

[LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?

1. [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's? - Similar Threads - LAN share map

2. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  3. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  4. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?

Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?: I'm noticing that I'm only able to map one network drive to my backup storage (it's a portable drive connected to a router). If I want to connect with another user, I have to disconnect the current connection, otherwise I get a message "Access is denied". Is there a way to...
  6. Is there a way to Only Duplicate only 1 out of 2 desktop and and hide the other desktop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to Only Duplicate only 1 out of 2 desktop and and hide the other desktop...: Sorry for my bad English first .. i work in a printing store and i have a laptop conected to a tv what i need is to only duplicate the desktop that i am using Ps or other program so the customer can see it and have other desktop with browsers in it like chrome ..etc not...
  7. share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN

share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN: I have a desktop PC and a mobile PC, both have the latest version of windows 10, on both I use the same microsoft account for login. After much fiddling with sharing settings both are able to see each other again, but there are no persmissions to acces files or folders....
  8. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN: I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network...
  9. share printer connected other PC on LAN

share printer connected other PC on LAN: My office LAN is p-p LAN, every time i want to use the printer connected other PC on LAN, i must enter credentials to connect, how to disable it? Both 2 PCs are Winows 10 Pro, turned off password protected sharing and turned on file and printer sharing. I greatly appreciate...
  10. Shared Folders LAN Issue, on 1 PC, Since Yesterday's W10 Update

Shared Folders LAN Issue, on 1 PC, Since Yesterday's W10 Update: Hello, Firstly, I am not an expert -or anywhere near it- when attempting to diagnose OS issues, so any responses with technical instructions will most likely go over my head. Since I updated my HTPC with the latest W10 update -'Feature Update to Windows 10, 1703'- I have...