Windows 10: LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

Discus and support LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, For years I've been able to access my desktop from my laptop through my network. Click on the network, and there's my desktop. Easy. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew P.11, Nov 11, 2023.

1. LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

Hello, For years I've been able to access my desktop from my laptop through my network. Click on the network, and there's my desktop. Easy. However, about a week ago my desktop suddenly started appearing as a media device on my laptop. If I click on the media device it has an error that says the properties for this item are not available. After scouring the internet for solutions and many hours of failed fixed I'm so frustrated. Key points: This SEEMS to be an issue on the desktop side not the laptop. I could be mistaken, but on my desktop I'm able to access my laptop through the network w

:)

Andrew P.11, Nov 11, 2023

2. Issues while accessing PC over the network

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the PC’s over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you connected both the laptops to the same network through which the PC is connected?
    2. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC’s?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try connecting the PC to the main router and see if you are able to access the laptops.

If you are able to access the laptops, then we need to configure the network settings once again. You can refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 11, 2023
  3. antares Win User
    Unable to share files in my LAN

Hi all, I have two Windows 10 PC's in my home LAN (connected to same wired router). I would like to be able to transfer files between them. I have followed all steps in this guide and verified all requirements comply with it. When I open Windows Explorer and then click on Network in one PC I see the other PC listed, but when I double click on the PC I don't see any shared folder listed,not even the Public folder, instead I see the following error, any hint? Thanks
    LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc 396818d1693697342t-unable-share-files-my-lan-2023-09-02_19-10-27.jpg

antares, Nov 11, 2023
  4. LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

win 10 file access across network

I have four win 10 pc's networked on a LAN. I used to be able to access any file/folder from any pc on network. Suddenly, I no longer have access to certain files/folders. I have drive sharing setup/ How do I restore total file/folder access across the
    LAN?

CASE CLOSED

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JamesDenneny, Nov 11, 2023
Thema:

LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

1. LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc - Similar Threads - LAN Issues Suddenly

2. LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc: Hello, For years I've been able to access my desktop from my laptop through my network. Click on the network, and there's my desktop. Easy. However, about a week ago my desktop suddenly started appearing as a media device on my laptop. If I click on the media device it has an...
  3. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices: Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the internet to solutions and there have been some bizarre ones but to no avail. What is the best way forward please? I'm prepared...
  4. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  5. File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped: My two desktops on the same LAN, connected to the same router, suddenly stopped being able to share files. It was working just a few days ago. Let's day, the desktops are "A" and "B", and the router name is "R" Both pc sees two media devices, Computer "A" and Router "R",...
  6. Network LAN issue

Network LAN issue: I am facing issue with my network connectivity in wired ethernet Onboard LAN in Windows 10 OS. While checking event viewer of the system I find below error message : "'The browser has forced an election on network\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{Instrument_LAN} because a master browser...
  7. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  8. Lan network

Lan network: How can I make Windows 10 to make automatic IP adress for my Lan network so it will stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lan-network/77038a8c-38c9-4d0b-a151-ed10442803e9
  9. Can't connect to PC on LAN

Can't connect to PC on LAN: A bit of background (or maybe a separate problem, in which case please give advice) is that my PC (ethernet) had been disconnecting from my router while my phone on WiFi remained connected. I reset my router each time which solved it for a while. It's been fine for now again,...
  10. "Unidentified Network" - No Internet Access (LAN)

"Unidentified Network" - No Internet Access (LAN): Hello. I am having a problem with my LAN wired connection showing "Unidentified Network" I have No Internet Access, and it happened after I upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 7 to 10. The first day I upgraded, my Internet worked perfectly. It's a week since I received a...