Windows 10: LAN Network Slow speeds

Discus and support LAN Network Slow speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently have a WiFi network setup for internet. Both computers connect to the router via WiFi Dongles. Which is running no problems. Each computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by doc89, Feb 29, 2016.

1. doc89 Win User

LAN Network Slow speeds

Currently have a WiFi network setup for internet. Both computers connect to the router via WiFi Dongles. Which is running no problems.

Each computer is then plugged into a network switch (cheap 4 port stand alone unit) via Ethernet cables (gigabit ports) and into the switch I have also have a WD My Cloud.

Having various issues, such as unidentified network, network being defaulted back to public, the ip addresses I have assigned being reset to obtain automatically and only getting transfer speeds of 3MB/s

Running windows 10. No home group/work group setup, have 1 drive on the other computer shared and mapped as a network drive.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

doc89, Feb 29, 2016
  2. E for Excel, Feb 29, 2016
  3. How to disable hardware accelation on a new laptop with windows 10 version 1709

Does the Computer become slow while watching the video?

If Slowness together with buffering==Display driver issue

If Buffering only==Network Driver issue.

You would get the newest drivers of VGA and LAN on the following page:

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/R752NA/HelpDes...

You can check what bandwidth you are getting currently using Speed Test

Go to SpeedTest.net and run the test.

Note down the Download/Upload Speed.

Contact the ISP if you are getting not that speed you are committed.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 29, 2016
  4. doc89 Win User

LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Feb 29, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    I have two Lan cards in my computer one is a 100MB and the other is 1 gig, On the 1 Gig Lan card that setting is disabled by default and on the 100 MB card it is enabled by default

sml156, Feb 29, 2016
  6. This thread saved me! Got home LAN of a PC W10x64 via Ethernet and a laptop also W10x64 via wifi 2.4GHz. When copying from PC to laptop speed was 350-400Kb/s. Disabling LSO on the PC (with rebooting) made it 25Mb/s (bottlenecked by wifi). All drivers were up-to-date and W10x64 with latest updates on both machines. So, this LSO ("lower speed on" it is I guess) is really broken and shame on MS they has not fixed it since at least March 2016!!!

Oversemper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LAN Network Slow speeds

1. LAN Network Slow speeds - Similar Threads - LAN Network Slow

2. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  3. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  4. VPN Slow Network Speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN Slow Network Speeds: We have been experiencing issues with users having internet connection speeds dropping to <1Mbps download speeds when connecting to the company VPN.It started when the Windows security update KB5026372 was installed. We were initially able to fix the issue by uninstalling...
  5. VPN Slow Network Speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN Slow Network Speeds: We have been experiencing issues with users having internet connection speeds dropping to <1Mbps download speeds when connecting to the company VPN.It started when the Windows security update KB5026372 was installed. We were initially able to fix the issue by uninstalling...
  6. LAN transfer speed slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN transfer speed slow: I'm copying large amount of files from another PC, about 40gb, but the speed is quite slow, about 25-30 MB/s despite I have a Gigabit router. So far I've tried disabling LSO on one PC, the other PC don't have that options. Also I disabled global autotuning on both PC. Then...
  7. Slow Network Speed

Slow Network Speed: I am helping a friend with her old laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and she has a very slow Internet connection, less than 10Mbps on average. She is paying her ISP for a service called Internet 300 which means she should be getting a download speed of around 200 Mbps. I...
  8. slow network speed on win 10 . lan to harddisk

slow network speed on win 10 . lan to harddisk: using ethernet via Verizon router to copy WD NAS disk to USB 3 Seagate disk via win 10 laptop w541. Speed of copy is very slow. goes up and down a little bit. 2.42 MB/s and lower to KB/s. these are large video files. have tried many tweaks and no luck? Disk to disk via USB...
  9. File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random: ok folks.......i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge of going back to windows 7. Tried everything. help me. please. i have an x99 chipset pc, i7 5820k, 16gb ram, gtx nvidia 970 - its a good pc (meant to be anyway............). it's connected directly...
  10. LAN Network very slow

LAN Network very slow: We have 3 computers, connected to 1 router. Since our upgrade to Windows 10 (the 3 PC's) our network is very slowly between each other. I've tried already to disable 'Large Send Offload V2 (ip4) & (ip6)'. On the moment I disable this then it works for 5 minutes perfect....