Windows 10: LAN only SMB 1.0/CIFS ok?

Discus and support LAN only SMB 1.0/CIFS ok? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I'm working on a old 3rd party app installed on a Win10 Pro machine that requires SMB 1.0/CIFS aka simply "SMB" in this thread to read data from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brcobrem, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Brcobrem Win User

LAN only SMB 1.0/CIFS ok?

Hi,I'm working on a old 3rd party app installed on a Win10 Pro machine that requires SMB 1.0/CIFS aka simply "SMB" in this thread to read data from a USB stick in a router. If I enable SMB in Win10, but don't open SMB ports on the router to access the WAN, is the Win10 Pro PC relatively safe with this setup?Additionally, for extra safety on that Win10 PC, I could also create/modify a Win10 firewall rule for SMB and limit the scope to just the router's IP, in case some other PC on the same LAN subnet enables SMB for nefarious purpose

:)

Brcobrem, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

SMB/CIFS server not working Windows 10 pro insider build 15063.14

Hi Mike,

Since your issue is about accessing shared files over the network, and it involves SMB/CIFS server, we suggest that you post it to TechNet
    Forums
    so that I.T. professionals can give you their advice.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Ramon Imp, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access

Hello,

I've figured out, that my computer won't let other my devices access shared drives & folders on my computer. I use CIFS/SMB feature from appwiz.cpl -> "Turn Windows features on or off". Then I simply connect to other devices running Windows
    10 and either Linux.

But if I wanted to connect from my laptop to computer -- Both devices Windows 10 1803, Then I got "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found"

So When I turn off Firewall - Private one - CIFS and SMB work fine.

Then I tried to add UDP 137,138 and TCP 139, 445 (Which are basically used for SMB and CIFS). Still doesn't work, and I have no clue about that.

Also, I allowed default File and sharing stuff in Firewall by default option.

So the problem should be in Firewall (Private networks)

Any clue?

Thanks

Filip Hovorka, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Windows 10 1703 update: CIFS / SMB / Samba Network Shares not shown after update

Hi Henk,

We'd like to know more about the issue that you encountered after the latest updates. Please answer the following:

• Did you get any error messages or codes when you are trying to access your CIFS/ SMB/ Samba Newtork Shares?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    For initial troubleshooting, we commend that you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    to detect problems from keeping your computer up to date.

We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. LAN only SMB 1.0/CIFS ok? - Similar Threads - LAN SMB CIFS

2. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?: I have the following situation: - Main PC - Home Server PC (for media files and backup purpose) - HTPC PC (in the living room) - Synology NAS - 2nd PC (for just in case) - 3th PC for backup files I want to share the files on the Home Server PC for just ONLY my own (main) PC...
  6. smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    smb 1 to smb2 upgrade: I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB 1, and SMB 2 is...
  7. Question about disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client!

Question about disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client!: Hello, I have 4 computers on my home network. And I know it is very important to disable SMBv1 on Windows. So I disabled SMB 1.0/CIFS Server which does not cause any issues but if I also disable SMB 1.0/CIFS Client it stops my computers from showing in the network folder....
  8. Since 1903 only 1 PC on LAN cannot get to Internet. LAN okay Internet no good.

Since 1903 only 1 PC on LAN cannot get to Internet. LAN okay Internet no good.: Hi, Since the Win 1903 I am having troubles with 1 PC on the LAN/ All other xcan make network but this on DELL T7500 will male all LAN but no Internet. It shows Gateway as 192.168.20.252 instead of the correct 192.168.20.1. It's own IP is 192.168.20.15 Have dome all the...
  9. Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access

Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access: Hello, I've figured out, that my computer won't let other my devices access shared drives & folders on my computer. I use CIFS/SMB feature from appwiz.cpl -> "Turn Windows features on or off". Then I simply connect to other devices running Windows 10 and either Linux. But...
  10. No wifi. Lan Ok.

No wifi. Lan Ok.: My wifi is gone after the useless upadate. This laptop is useless without wifi. Cant do my job. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wifi-lan-ok/de61763d-c333-4de1-8aaa-9c081852ab8f