Windows 10: LAN scanner stopped working after update

Discus and support LAN scanner stopped working after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Lately I've been (sadly) an Windows 10 user which so far gives me nothing but troubles. After the "Customer Update" we've recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ricdarico, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Ricdarico Win User

LAN scanner stopped working after update

Hello everyone,
    Lately I've been (sadly) an Windows 10 user which so far gives me nothing but troubles.
    After the "Customer Update" we've recently experienced, my LAN scanner stopped working.

The device I am talkng about is Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e. It is combined printer with scanner. The way scans work is that the printer/scanner saves the scanned file on my computer via LAN network. Sadly, no more. For some reason straight after update I am talking about, the scanner can't save any more files on my computer. The printer works just fine.

I didnt change anything related to sharing. Didnt install/uninstall any new drivers or devices. It's all the same way it was before update, excluding update alone of course.

Does anyone have any clue what could the update change in Network and sharing, that the scanner can't save anything?

:)

Ricdarico, Jan 31, 2017

2. Canon MP800 stopped working with latest MS windows 10 update

Hi

after the upgrade to windows 10 the scanner on the Canon MP800 stopped working (still works on XP and windows 7). The printer part still worked. After the lastest update the printer stopped working as well.

The printer and scanner still work well and I would still like to continue to use them. Is there is a way to get the printer to work.

NostrelSalad, Jan 31, 2017
  3. Coss71 Win User
    My Scanner is Not Working After Windows 10 Update

That's the same problem I'm having with my Kodak i30 scanner. After the Win10 upgrade and for months after the scanner worked fine; then after one of the Win10 updates in January it stopped. I replaced the USB cable just in case it had decided to go bad,
    but no change.

Which update was it that made my scanner stop working?

I did look at the list and wouldn't know which one to remove; and I don't want to remove all of them.

Little help from MS would be nice.

Coss71, Jan 31, 2017
  4. LAN scanner stopped working after update

Welcome to the TenForums @Ricdarico

While you may search for a fix the quickest way is likely to re-install device. First create a restore point and maybe even an Image of OS.

Then uninstall printer and scanner. Head to Minolta and get the latest drivers and software. Proceed with the installation. Watch the order, some devices need to be powered off while drivers and software are installed and will call for the device when required. You should have some sort of Quick start card that indicates order.

The installation process should return operation back to normal.

Caledon Ken, Jan 31, 2017
  5. Ricdarico Win User
    Hi, thanks for welcomes.
    In the meantime I have already tried uninstalling and installing device back. Result is the same. Printer works fine, I can acces printer/scanner options but the scans won't go through.
    They must have changed something in network sharing options (or possibly privacy settings?) that is blocking files from being saved, but I have no idea what exactly.
    If anyone has some ideas please feel free to post them.

Ricdarico, Jan 31, 2017
  6. Did you check order, install then connect, or connect and install?

With some devices you can start the scan either at the device or at you PC. Is the behavior the same?

There is a "Shared Folder" trouble shooter and of course their is the Network Reset option. Finally their is another cumulative update that was released January 26, 2017 which you can read about here. As it is not being pushed through windows update wide scale usage has not occurred. You can also search the update on Google. I understand it is not just for preview.

Cumulative Update KB3216755 Windows 10 RP ver 1607 build 14393.726

I should have also mentioned there is a trouble shooter for Incoming connections and Network.

Caledon Ken, Jan 31, 2017
  7. Ricdarico Win User
    I first installed then connected the device, the way that Konica manual says.
    I can't start the scan with PC, there is no way to do so with the way the scanner is set. All scans are started and process directly on printer with a press of a button. The only thing that happens on PC is just saving it in shared destination.

I tried Network Reset option, didnt help. How can I acces Shared Folder troubleshooter?

About the update you mentioned, I don't see about Network and Sharing related in the description. so I would like not to install it since lately every single update breaks something on my PC.

I also tried a troubleshooter for Network, but how can I access incoming connections troubleshooter?

Ricdarico, Feb 1, 2017
  8. LAN scanner stopped working after update

To get at all the Trouble Shooters type Troubleshooting into Cortana. The app appears at top of list. Click, window opens. Upper left, View all.

If that doesn't work I would also recommend these four commands at command prompt(admin) You will have to reboot. These do additional resets. Don't key in the stuff in brackets, its just there to tell you what command does. You can research on Google if you want. Create a restore point, better safe than sorry.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Caledon Ken, Feb 1, 2017
  9. Ricdarico Win User
    Sorry it took so long,
    I have tried all troubleshooters you mentioned and your commands as well. Nothing helped.
    I really think you are approaching the problem from the wrong side though. In my belief, the problem is caused by new settings introduced in customers update. However I can't rly find anything new network and sharing related in settings option...

Ricdarico, Feb 2, 2017
  10. Agree and I was hoping either the Trouble Shooters or the command line resets would clear. Scanning is an everyday activity so if it was a design bug the world would be screaming.

The one thing that can stop sharing, by design is your firewall. Can't remember if you said you had tried with it shut off.

After that the next logical move is the scanner manufacture. If it is inherent to Windows 10, or something in their logic, then they must be getting calls, I would also try them.

If they have a fix if you could post back it would be most helpful.

Caledon Ken, Feb 2, 2017
  11. Ricdarico Win User
    Thanks for all the ideas anyway.
    I have tried to disable firewall and also my antimalware (bitdefender) but it didnt work.
    All the rest computers (there is one more on Win10 in which i havent installed the update, mostly because it has no internet connection-just the LAN network) are working fine.
    Guess I'll have to reinstall 7. At least i won't have problems like this after every update.
    Once again thank you for all the ideas.

Ricdarico, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LAN scanner stopped working after update

1. LAN scanner stopped working after update - Similar Threads - LAN scanner stopped

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  5. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  6. Scanner not working after Window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not working after Window update: My Scanner is not workingI have Micosoft 365 support helped me to reinstalled it but still not working.Cuurent error message - "Cannot find scanner. Check the power and the cables"I confirm the power is on and the scanner is connected to my...
  7. Wifi and Lan stops working after windows 10 updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi and Lan stops working after windows 10 updated: Hello Microsoft support Team. Im an HP partner employee. Looking for help to solve this issue ASAP Recently we are getting lots of issues on notebooks regarding wifi and lan stops working after Windows 10 is updated. Steps taken i have tried: 1. uninstalled the drivers...
  8. Not Working Scanner after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Working Scanner after windows update: Not Working Scanner after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-working-scanner-after-windows-update/b01dec3e-3629-48b9-9d5b-f774aff57d9f
  9. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi, Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more security and protection online. After that my scanner software stopped working - it throws I/O error while connecting to my...
  10. Scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner stopped working: My scanner Canon mg2922 stopped working after update. Any help appreciated! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanner-stopped-working/d1289ddf-cf63-4414-8e17-cbdf7e9ec9fe