Windows 10: LAN speed is being throttled somehow.

Discus and support LAN speed is being throttled somehow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have found a problem trying to stream 4K video from my PC to my TV. The video is stuttering badly when played. I have played the video directly from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sydh, Oct 2, 2019.

1. sydh Win User

LAN speed is being throttled somehow.

I have found a problem trying to stream 4K video from my PC to my TV. The video is stuttering badly when played. I have played the video directly from a HDD via the USB with no problem, so it's not the video file or the TV.

The network is Ethernet hard cable, not Wifi, so I bypassed everything and connected the cable from the router directly to the TV and there was still stuttering. So the video signal route is from PC to router to TV, all cable.

All cables are newly replaced with Cat 6. The router is an Asus RT-A66RU gigabit. I wondered if the on board network in the PC was faulty so it now has a Realtek PCI GbE card, also 1Gbps.

I have also tried the TV on Wifi and as expected, the stuttering was even worse.

Am I right in thinking the problem is looking like the computer, even though the video plays perfectly on the monitor? Belarc Advisor confirms the new network card is up and the Intel on-board is down. It is looking like there is something wrong with the PC network interface, and that is where I am lost, hence this post.

I hope one of you guys can suggest an answer.

Just in case it matters, my PC is:
    3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770
    16356 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    W10 64

I

:)

sydh, Oct 2, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 2, 2019
  4. doc89 Win User

LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. LAN speed is being throttled somehow. - Similar Threads - LAN speed being

2. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is throttling internet speed: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot why my Windows 10 PC is not able to achieve appropriate internet speeds.OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3208ISP: AT&T 5 Gbps fiber symmetricalNetwork Adapter: ASUS XG-C100C 10 GbE wired connectionSpeed test results: 600-1100 Mbps down, 250-500...
  3. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is throttling internet speed: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot why my Windows 10 PC is not able to achieve appropriate internet speeds.OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3208ISP: AT&T 5 Gbps fiber symmetricalNetwork Adapter: ASUS XG-C100C 10 GbE wired connectionSpeed test results: 600-1100 Mbps down, 250-500...
  4. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  6. Is bandwidth being throttled?

Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  7. OFFLINE LAN SPEED

OFFLINE LAN SPEED: I connected two pc windows 11 and windows 10 through offline lan cable. Some time data transfer speed is very good. When restart some time data transfer speed is very slow. It change slow to high or high to slow when restart pc....
  8. Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb

Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb: I've worked in IT for years, end user support to now a cloud infrastructure consultant. This is the first ever time I've used Microsoft Ask a Question, because this is the first ever time I've seen an issue like this and i'm prepared to log the hell of this to help others in...
  9. Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb

Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb: I've worked in IT for years, end user support to now a cloud infrastructure consultant. This is the first ever time I've used Microsoft Ask a Question, because this is the first ever time I've seen an issue like this and i'm prepared to log the hell of this to help others in...
  10. Download Speed Being Throttled

Download Speed Being Throttled: Hi Everyone, Totally stumped on this. My internet is being severely throttled by windows 10 or a driver and I've tried everything on Google so far. I should be getting over 500mpbs but its being capped to < 20mpbs wired and <6mpbs over 5G wifi. I have fixed it once a couple...