Windows 10: LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED

Discus and support LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there. Any Network Gurus here that might know whether this is possible. I'm trying to get rid of loads of cabling and have very fast wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Mar 9, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED

Hi there.

Any Network Gurus here that might know whether this is possible.

I'm trying to get rid of loads of cabling and have very fast wifi already.

Is it possible without using a Pci-e wifi card to get a device that plugs into a LAN slot and then acts as a Wifi device (even though the computer thinks it's a LAN device).

I'm trying to get Esxi to run a whole slew of Windows VM's -- I can't use a USB Wifi device on the Esxi host. Only a LAN connection appears to be supported.

Is there any such animal yet -- would be really useful if there were. Otherwise any other way round the problem --e.g Virtual switch etc. I can run some Lan cable up to a switch - but I don't want to run loads of Lan cable round to my router (which does also support VPN's).

Update -- Solved - Wireless--> Wireless bridge used an old router using DD-WRT -- works fine !!!!

What would we do without GOOGLE (or indeed this excellent Forum !!!!)

Old router now near the server - Esxi picks up the LAN and can acess the wifi network !!!!.

Works similarly to this

Reuse an old router to bridge devices to your wireless network - CNET

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 9, 2016
  2. blak24 Win User

Windows can't connect to USB drive connected to main router

Sorry for the second reply, I just tried again and connecting via WIFI to the repeater I can access the USB cloud disk, instead connecting via LAN to the repeater I CAN'T access the USB cloud disk

blak24, Mar 9, 2016
  3. ahmadferi Win User
    Windows 10 Build 10240 ... can't connet internet via lan, and wifi ...

hy, i am using win 10 build 10240 ...

a few hours ago my internet connection via lan network is good, but ... after restart my pc, i can't connect internet via lan network and wifi (wireless usb) ... but if i use usb modem, i can connet to internet ...

can you help me please ...

thanks for all

ahmadferi, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED

1. LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED - Similar Threads - LAN WIFI via

2. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  3. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  4. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Lost WiFi and 'net connection via USB

Lost WiFi and 'net connection via USB: For the longest time we've been hooked to the internet via a USB cable to the router AT&T because the ethernet kept cutting out, sometimes 20 times a day. The USB connection was faultless and showed it was connected by the WiFi icon. Now after one of the recent updates we've...
  6. Wifi to nintendo switch via usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi to nintendo switch via usb?: I want to know if there is a way to share my ethernet connection from my pc and share it to my nintendo switch wired. (Make it act like a lan adapter) submitted by /u/Zacky4343 [link] [comments]...
  7. Lan via Lan-Adapter?

Lan via Lan-Adapter?: Is it possible to test your internet connection via this adapter and complain if the service is not provided, or do you have to go via a permanently installed one? [ATTACH] Lan über Lan-Adapter testem?
  8. Anyway to get FASTER LAN / Wifi speeds via Hardware compression ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyway to get FASTER LAN / Wifi speeds via Hardware compression ?: Hi there. While you can't break the Laws of Physics for say maximum transfer speeds of specific hardware - if both machine and Router are powerful enough could built in Hardware compression of the signals speed up the transmission between computer and ISP - less physical...
  9. No LAN nor Wifi

No LAN nor Wifi: So today i wanted to delete a file that i cant delete because it says computers administator so i go into safe mode via msconfig,deleted the item and go back to normal mode restart, and when i my laptop booted up i see that the audio has a X and the network has a X so i think...
  10. LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge): Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and "She who must be obeyed" was complaining about number of boxes / gadgets / flashing lights etc under the TV !!!!!! so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box/ main router. so this I...