Windows 10: LAN transfer speed slow

Discus and support LAN transfer speed slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm copying large amount of files from another PC, about 40gb, but the speed is quite slow, about 25-30 MB/s despite I have a Gigabit router. So far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by owem, Dec 15, 2020.

1. owem Win User

LAN transfer speed slow

I'm copying large amount of files from another PC, about 40gb, but the speed is quite slow, about 25-30 MB/s despite I have a Gigabit router.

So far I've tried disabling LSO on one PC, the other PC don't have that options. Also I disabled global autotuning on both PC. Then restart the PC.

At first after applying those tips, I got transfer speed about 90MB/s but then it becomes slow the same as before applying those tips, about 25-30 MB/s.

Also I tried restarting the router with 10 minutes delay before I turn back on.

Any tips highly appreciated. Thank you

:)

2. doc89 Win User

LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Dec 15, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

Hi there

@Lequarius

1) try and remove any sort of optimising off an SSD drive - these don't need it - especially with that CPU you have
    2) disable all A/V (Anti Virus software) apart from WD (Windows defender).

The other thing is that HDD transfer is highly dependent on the RPM speed and cache size of the HDD -- don't worry about the SSD - it has no moving parts and speed is light years faster than typical classical HDD's anyway.

If you've got slow RPM disks with a small cache size you'll get hideously slow transfer even if you had the fastest cray supercomputer on the planet with the fastest I/O bus around.

HDD's should be at least 7200 RPM or even better at 10,000 RPM with the largest possible cache size. A slow 5400 RPM HDD (probably what your 2TB disk is with a tiny cache) -- will make a system run as slow as molasses for data transfer !!!!

Without knowing more about the physical engineering specs of that machine I can't suggest anything else -- but you should be getting normally at least 300 - 500 Mb/s transfer speeds on average. I assume its direct file transfer and not over a LAN or wifi.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 15, 2020
  4. LAN transfer speed slow

E for Excel, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

LAN transfer speed slow

1. LAN transfer speed slow - Similar Threads - LAN transfer speed

2. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  3. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  4. Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds: Hello All, Not sure if this is the place for this or not. I recently upgraded from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows 10 Pro due to whs being limited to 8gb of RAM and causing some other issues. I am seeing EXTREMELY slow transfer speeds across my network since my upgrade...
  5. Slow data transfer speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow data transfer speed: I bought HP-15dk0045tx recently with 8 gb ram. Afer two months i have data transfer speed issue. My pc transfers data to USB at less than 2 mbp. i have tried at 3.0 port but nothing changed. But same USB transfers data at good speed in other laptop. I m really worried...
  6. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...
  7. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...
  8. Slow write speed of transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow write speed of transfer: My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!...
  9. LAN Network Slow speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN Network Slow speeds: Currently have a WiFi network setup for internet. Both computers connect to the router via WiFi Dongles. Which is running no problems. Each computer is then plugged into a network switch (cheap 4 port stand alone unit) via Ethernet cables (gigabit ports) and into the...
  10. File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random: ok folks.......i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge of going back to windows 7. Tried everything. help me. please. i have an x99 chipset pc, i7 5820k, 16gb ram, gtx nvidia 970 - its a good pc (meant to be anyway............). it's connected directly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can I increase the LAN transfer speed between 2 Windows laptops