Windows 10: Lan via Lan-Adapter?

Discus and support Lan via Lan-Adapter? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to test your internet connection via this adapter and complain if the service is not provided, or do you have to go via a permanently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wangerooge12, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Lan via Lan-Adapter?

Is it possible to test your internet connection via this adapter and complain if the service is not provided, or do you have to go via a permanently installed one?

Lan via Lan-Adapter? 0_big.jpg

:)

wangerooge12, Jun 9, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jun 9, 2020
  3. No LAN Adapter | LAN Miniport missing from adapters

I've just bought a Acer Aspire E5-575G (not the best choice for gaming, but on a budget). I've been happily using it for playing games and browsing the net, but I turned it on again a month after having it to see the "Network Connections" icon turn from LAN to Wireless.

The last connection I had plugged into it was a LAN cable which worked perfectly fine and dandy. I went to "Change network adapter settings" thinking I could change it back to my wired internet to find there was no Ethernet adapter, but just the Atheros Wireless adapter (in this laptop, it's only 72MB/s)

I then restarted my laptop thinking the adapter hasn't started correctly. When I restarted, the "Network Connections" icons briefly flashed the LAN icon with the "No connections X" over it then changed to wireless. Still, no Ethernet adapter was available to select. I then went to Device manager and saw that there was no LAN drivers installed, just Atheros and the standard WAN IP and WAN IPv6 drivers.
    I then perused the Acer Driver site and found the only available LAN driver for my model of laptop, Realtek. I downloaded a fresh copy of this driver and installed it and got, from what I've looked up, the "Deep sleep" error. I configured my power settings to never sleep or turn off when plugged in, restarted and tried again and got the same error. To add to this, when the LAN driver was working, I never remember it saying "Realtek" anything, but I could be wrong.

Related pages I've looked at:

Lan via Lan-Adapter? WOTp7.png

Jacob Jewett, Jun 9, 2020
  4. ScottKane Win User

Lan via Lan-Adapter?

LAN Adapter keeps getting disabled after upgrade to Window10

It works fine for a while, but then all of a sudden the internet connection is lost and the LAN wired adapter says no networks available.

After a couple times troubleshooting, I get "default gateway not available", then reboot and trouble shoot and LAN adapter has been disabled.

I have tried running Malwarebytes.org for potential of a virus issue, but comes up clean.

Any one have any suggestions??

ScottKane, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Lan via Lan-Adapter?

1. Lan via Lan-Adapter? - Similar Threads - Lan via Lan

2. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  3. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  4. Wi-Fi & Lan Adapter Switching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi & Lan Adapter Switching: Hello Everyone I'm facing an issue regarding my Wi-Fi and LAN Network adapter. My Wi-Fi adapter is automatically disabled when I plug in the LAN cable. So, How to disable the automatic Wi-Fi disconnect when I connect my LAN cable?I'm using Windows 11 Version.I did try:to...
  5. Can't update Lan Adapter -> No internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update Lan Adapter -> No internet: Hello! After updating an intel driver on my pc I cannot have access to the internet. Searched on device manager and I can't update the driver manually and also there is a yellow triangle next to the Lan adapter. Can't find a solution. submitted by /u/Balidaros [link]...
  6. Is it possible to update a build via LAN?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to update a build via LAN?: Would it be feasible, no matter how complicated, to place a LAN update of a device, when storage is not enough to contain the new image? I have no other solution, so in my case let's avoid talking of cleaning up, it's just a small partition. I once upgraded from sd card...
  7. Gigabit LAN to USB adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gigabit LAN to USB adapter: Hi, I am looking to buy a Gigabit LAN to USB adapter and I have seen that all of them are USB3.0, but my PC has only USB 2.0. The question is, due the USB 2.0 limitation, the adapter will work only as 10/100Mbps LAN, 1GBps is not possible on USB 2.0. It that right? 67152
  8. LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED

LAN to WIFI (Not via USB) SOLVED: Hi there. Any Network Gurus here that might know whether this is possible. I'm trying to get rid of loads of cabling and have very fast wifi already. Is it possible without using a Pci-e wifi card to get a device that plugs into a LAN slot and then acts as a Wifi...
  9. LAN Adapter Speed variating

LAN Adapter Speed variating: Hi guys, this is a standalone addition to another post i have. Anyways, this is weird. Windows 10 seems to have ****ed up my Network Intel driver. So on Windows 8.1, my adapter took in 1GBps, now on Windows 10 (with the correct driver!), it only takes in 100MBps, and now...
  10. USB-LAN adapter not recognised

USB-LAN adapter not recognised: Hello, The following notebook/laptop does not have a LAN port: Lenovo 100S-14IBR http://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-100S-14IBR-Notebook-Celeron-Prozessor/dp/B01AK5SZ74?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 Hence I have purchased a USB-LAN adapter as...