Windows 10: Landscape Printing Issues

Discus and support Landscape Printing Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When trying to print a PDF file I can not change from portrait to landscape. I have also found this when trying to print using Windows Photos as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerrad(2), Jan 24, 2019.

1. Jerrad(2) Win User

Landscape Printing Issues

When trying to print a PDF file I can not change from portrait to landscape. I have also found this when trying to print using Windows Photos as well.

:)

Jerrad(2), Jan 24, 2019

2. Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Since loading Windows 10 I have not been able to print landscape from capture.png (where I print my snipping tool pictures). Can anyone help?

Hi Jordanaz,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in printing the captured images using snipping tool.

This issue might occur, if there is changes made to the settings in snipping tool.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

• Do you get any error message while printing images?

• How are you trying to print the image?
    Please refer below mentioned steps to print image in Landscape using snipping tool:

• To open Snipping Tool, select the Start
      button, type Snipping Tool, and then select it in the search results. (There's no keyboard shortcut available.)

• To take a screenshot, select New,
      and then select the part of the screen that you want to capture.

• To print, click on File, Go to
      Print
      ->Preferences->change to Landscape (in dropdown menu) and click
      ok.
    Please refer to the link mentioned below for additional help on snipping tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in printing the captured images using snipping tool.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Landscape Printing Issues

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Landscape Printing Issues

1. Landscape Printing Issues - Similar Threads - Landscape Printing Issues

2. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF: Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am limited to setting the document to solely landscape or portrait mode which causes one of the images to be cut off or...
  3. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF: Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am limited to setting the document to solely landscape or portrait mode which causes one of the images to be cut off or...
  4. Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.: I am printing from an HP windows 10 computer to a Brother printer. I am trying to print photos as wallet size on a page in landscape orientation. The printing preferences is set to landscape and the preview displays the page in the correct orientation. However, it prints as...
  5. Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.: I am printing from an HP windows 10 computer to a Brother printer. I am trying to print photos as wallet size on a page in landscape orientation. The printing preferences is set to landscape and the preview displays the page in the correct orientation. However, it prints as...
  6. Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309

Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309: Split from this thread. Hi Rhaine, I have the same problem, only with my Brother MFC-J6720DW printer. I have tried turning off the power to the printer, resetting the printer and so on, but when I send documents to print from my mobile, the orientation is correct. It...
  8. Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309

Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309: Split from this thread. Same issue for me. I'm using an HP OMEN PC. I included the specs below. When I print a Word or Excel doc from this PC in portrait, it prints on my Brother printer in landscape. We do not have the same problem printing from my other PC or from our...
  9. Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF

Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF: Hello, I have the following problem, if i print a document (from different programms) in orientation paper size. After viewing this in Adobe Acrobat or in Microsoft Edge the paper whould be shown in portrait. See the picture [ATTACH] On other pc`s, if I print the same...
  10. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PDF Print window defaults to Landscape: A few months ago this problem arose. When I go to print a PDF file, the print window defaults to Landscape. Almost all my documents are in portrait view. I cannot find any setting in the print window that lets me set the default setting to portrait. This seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc not printing in landscape windows 10