Windows 10: Language and Font Settings

Discus and support Language and Font Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I added a chinese langauge in order for me to input text in Chinese. ... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LEEFH33, Sep 24, 2018.

1. LEEFH33 Win User

Language and Font Settings

Yesterday I added a chinese langauge in order for me to input text in Chinese. 

My default font type/size/spacing suddenly has been changed by itself some how and I could not revert it back to previous ARIAL font. 

I tried all categories inside WIN Settings but could not find what needs to be changed. 

Anybody has this problem?

How did you fix this? 

:)

LEEFH33, Sep 24, 2018

2. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Changing my own language font

Hi,

From the screen shot it seems you are using Google chrome to change the language font Which is downloaded from the internet. So, I suggest you to contact chrome support for further assistance.

If you are using Internet Explorer, please follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Internet options.
    • Click on fonts.
    • you can change the font as desired.

Please post back with the updated status regarding changing font, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Language and Font Settings - Similar Threads - Language Font Settings

2. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  3. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  4. language setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language setting: all of the windows settings are in german even though the language selected is English... how do i change the settings menu to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-setting/807e3f55-c58b-476b-baca-979d7f9996da
  5. Changing font style for a language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing font style for a language: Hello.. Can I change font style for a specific language, like Burmese? I tried from registry editor but it changes the whole font style, not only Burmese....
  6. Font settings

Font settings: Hey can someone help reset my font because its went wiered and I can't reset and my clock is wierd because instead of 5:45 pm it looks likes 5and a square then :46 and u can see in bottom left corner it also influences my chrome but I changed my chrome and I tried to change...
  7. Language setting

Language setting: Hi, I have set my primal language as Englisn UK and second language for Japanese. However, whenever I have any pop up windows, everything seems to be in Japanese. I have tried all the language settings suggested for other people with similar problems but it still displays...
  8. Font Settings

Font Settings: How do you set the Font default you want in Windows 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-settings/9efa977f-4e2a-4472-8b63-35f473a14ed7
  9. language setting.

language setting.: Hi, I have a question. My preferred language setting is English United Kingdom, but when I check spelling and grammar the setting change to English United States. How do I stop this from happening?...
  10. Language settings

Language settings: Hi, I purchased a laptop in german and the laanguage was changed to english.Recently,i updated my windows to Windows 10 and the language changed back to german. I tried all possible ways to change the language to english but in vain. I also do not find options like 'set as...