Windows 10: Language and Keyboard Problems

Discus and support Language and Keyboard Problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed both the English and Spanish Mexico keyboards on my computer. Previously, when on the Spanish keyboard, I could simply hold down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KJMinch, Mar 19, 2020.

1. KJMinch Win User

Language and Keyboard Problems

I have installed both the English and Spanish Mexico keyboards on my computer. Previously, when on the Spanish keyboard, I could simply hold down the "alt" key and then press any vowel to be able to type that vowel with an accent. This is not working now and I haven't been able to find the answer online anywhere.

:)

KJMinch, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Language and Keyboard Problems

Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Language and Keyboard Problems

1. Language and Keyboard Problems - Similar Threads - Language Keyboard Problems

2. Keyboard Language problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Language problem: I have a weird problem with my keyboard or better, the keyboard language Eng UK1st the Keyboard is working fine, except the # Key is dead Not dead because Shift + # still produces the ~ as expectedAlso, if I install another Keyboard layout, the Hash-Key works perfectly e.g....
  3. Keyboard Language problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Language problem: I have a weird problem with my keyboard or better, the keyboard language Eng UK1st the Keyboard is working fine, except the # Key is dead Not dead because Shift + # still produces the ~ as expectedAlso, if I install another Keyboard layout, the Hash-Key works perfectly e.g....
  4. I have a problem with switching keyboard language

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a problem with switching keyboard language: I often type in English and Korean.I have no problem when I switch the language from Korean to English alt + shift. But when I switch the language from English to Korean, often it still types in English. I have to click the toggle ? button not language button on taskbar to...
  5. Keyboard Language Problem

Keyboard Language Problem: Hi! recently i was playing around with the settings and i changed my region in "time and region" settings, i noticed that two new keyboard layouts appeared i deleted them but they didn't get deleted! this is what i get now:the only two languages i want are "ع" and "FR"...
  6. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language: Hello, so my pc just automatically adds English (USA) for my keyboard, and i am wondering if you can stop it from doing this. submitted by /u/BossManOnePro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltj180/keyboard_language/
  7. Problem changing the language on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem changing the language on the keyboard: [ATTACH] I've got a problem: When I press alt + shift, the language of my keyboard doesn't alternate between Qwerty and Azerty anymore (I have a pop up with my languages that appears but the change is not automatic). I have instead of the Fr/En logo, these three icons...
  8. Keyboard/Language Problem

Keyboard/Language Problem: The language settings in my laptop says," Sorry, we are having some trouble on our end. Retry?" I can't type in the cortona search or even the search bar at My Pc doesn't work. And I cant remove UK language pack from settings. Can anyone help me? I will attach a snap of the...
  9. Keyboard languages

Keyboard languages: Hi guys ! I have mistakenly added Portuguese language for my keyboard, when in fact it should be Portuguese (ABNT2). It happens that I cannot DEKETE the mistaken one already added. How can I do that ?...
  10. Keyboard language change problems

Keyboard language change problems: Dear Microsoft, During using my windows 10 I have two keyboard languages added. Default language is English which is also my System language, additionally I use German. I change my keyboard layout with the default binding SHIFT+ALT. From time to time, it happens that I...