Windows 10: Language and Word key-in error

Discus and support Language and Word key-in error in Cortana to solve the problem; i get some error at word key-in and language: 1. I can't type anything at cortana,settings and sign-in to account app 2. i already have install a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SVChen0713, May 11, 2019.

1. Language and Word key-in error

i get some error at word key-in and language:

1. I can't type anything at cortana,settings and sign-in to account app

2. i already have install a language pack (chinese) but it now cannot work,so i can't change to chinese language input Language and Word key-in error ffc374ee-d411-472e-9c0a-95533e85972a?upload=true.png

:)

SVChen0713, May 11, 2019
  2. twdal Win User

How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard language.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

twdal, May 11, 2019
  3. Cepreu5 Win User
    Using word flow keyboard with not supported foreign language

Using word flow keyboard for fast typing with many foreign languages is impossible. But there is a workaround to use word flow features to create keyboard macros (custom dictionary) for not supported
    language. Here is the steps how to do this:

A.

1. Switch to your language
    (Bulgarian in my case) and type the desired word, for example
    клавиатура (“keyboard” in Bulgarian).

2. Tap the word to select it.

3. Switch to English and you will see typed word just above the keyboard preceeded by a plus (+клавиатура) and tap on it in order to add it to custom dictionary.

4. When writing text in your language, enter the first letter and switch to English. Just above the keyboard you will see a list of words starting with this letter. If you want to shorten the list, enter
    two or more letters before switching to English.

5. Select the word from list by tapping it.

B.

1. Open Contacts and create a new entry – for example, enter in the name field the word “keyboard” in Bulgarian клавиатура (or
    any word in language you prefer). In the same field you can enter more words starting with the same letter, for example клавиш (key), капачка (cap) etc.
    Add a space and period (.) after the last word, otherwise it will not be used in dictionary.

2. When writing text in your language (Bulgarian in my case), enter the first letter
    and switch to English. Just above the keyboard you will see a list of words you’ve entered in step 1. (and any names starting with this letter from your contacts, if you have any). If you want to shorten the list, enter two or more letters before
    switching to English.

3. Select the word from list by tapping it.

This way you can speed up typing of common used (long) words in your language.

Cepreu5, May 11, 2019
  4. Language and Word key-in error

How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

user428697, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Language and Word key-in error

1. Language and Word key-in error - Similar Threads - Language Word key

2. Language & Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language & Word 2019: Ok so I got this weird problem with my language setting it is set that I have only 2 languages .. Arabic and English ! Surprisingly When I click alt-shift I got 4 languages ... French,2Arabic And English ... I have to swap between em all over! I went to keyboard and language...
  3. Backspace key switches language

Backspace key switches language: This has been driving me crazy for months/years. I have English and Hebrew installed on my computer. Alt+shift is defined in the keyboard to switch languages. But in Word, every time I backspace or delete, my computer switches language. Even in documents that are...
  4. Word error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word error message: I can't access Word and keep getting an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-error-message/4008a518-0613-4c11-8829-de0741fe6c23
  5. input language error

input language error: hello all, in my pc i have windows 10 pro installed and updated till date.. i am trying to add input language but unable to do it. when i click on language settings the blank page comes up. as shown in below screenshot.. somebody can help me to resolve this issue [ATTACH]...
  6. Wrong language on errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong language on errors: If I get an error message (or blue screen, not responding, etc), it displays on the original language of the system, even though I removed the entire language pack after originally upgrading to Windows 10 (didn't happen before the most recent update). How do I fix this, so...
  7. Keyboard symbol keys and default language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard symbol keys and default language: Since the last big Windows 10 update, some of my symbol keys on my keyboard no not provide the correct symbol and some of the symbols that I need such as the sign for Sterling and Euro no longer function. Also Microsoft Word defaults to English US when It should have remained...
  8. Activate single language edition with multi language key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate single language edition with multi language key?: I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current...
  9. MS Word Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word Error: So I couldn't fit the whole error message so I'll put it here: Word could not create the work file. Check the Temp environment variable. I did this thing where you'd change the name of the users folder with regedit. I had to do a couple things to make it work like deleting...
  10. Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving: I'm having a bit of a strange error and Googling around hasn't netted me any results. Basically, I have several languages I use with Windows 10 and I want to be able to switch to them by number using the keyboard shortcuts. This was no problem before, but now that I've...