Windows 10: Language bar disappears frequently

Discus and support Language bar disappears frequently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use English and Spanish keyboard settings on my Win 10 machines. Three machines -- two Dell, one Lenovo. Normally, the "ENG" or "ESP" setting appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [JMK], Oct 27, 2020.

1. [JMK] Win User

Language bar disappears frequently

I use English and Spanish keyboard settings on my Win 10 machines. Three machines -- two Dell, one Lenovo. Normally, the "ENG" or "ESP" setting appears in the taskbar, and I can click to toggle the input language. I can also use shift+left alt to toggle.

But every day or two, the setting disappears from the taskbar, and there is no way to toggle languages. The only solution I've found is to sign out of windows, then sign back in. That fixes the problem, until the next time the control disappears.

How do I fix this?

:)

[JMK], Oct 27, 2020

2. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true? suggestions?) Under Win7, when only one layout was installed the Language bar would disappear automatically: any Idea about how to hide it in my case? Thanks for supporting, Marco

marcomarsella, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Language Bar

Just updated Windows 7 and my language bar disappeared

though I still can switch between languages by pressing "up" and "alt"

Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 7 here I did all of those:

In Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Region and Language dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.

I don't have "In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, ...b"

but "docked" is checked

It's really annoying after updates there are ALWAYS some glitches!

alexinvancouver, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Language bar disappears frequently

Language bar is gone in windows 10

Hello,

I understand that the Language Bar is not found in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Search Language and select it.
    • Left side pane select Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching Input methods check mark "Use the desktop language bar when its available."
    • Click Save. Check if the issue persists.
    Please post to us if you have any further issues in Windows. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Language bar disappears frequently

1. Language bar disappears frequently - Similar Threads - Language bar disappears

2. Language bar disappears frequently, can be solved by restart or sign in/out, all go-to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar disappears frequently, can be solved by restart or sign in/out, all go-to...: I'd like to effectively revive this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar-disappears-frequently/22eed104-107d-4191-b19e-81f67aff1bc1I have exactly the same problem, I've done the setting and the registry and what frustrates me the most, is...
  3. Language bar disappears frequently, can be solved by restart or sign in/out, all go-to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar disappears frequently, can be solved by restart or sign in/out, all go-to...: I'd like to effectively revive this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar-disappears-frequently/22eed104-107d-4191-b19e-81f67aff1bc1I have exactly the same problem, I've done the setting and the registry and what frustrates me the most, is...
  4. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR: Posting this in hope MS would finally decide to fix this, as it's driving me and not just me I'm sure crazy.I have the language bar docked in the taskbar. It's set, it works. BUT almost every day when I turn on my laptop, it's not there. And to get it back, I have to restart...
  5. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR: Posting this in hope MS would finally decide to fix this, as it's driving me and not just me I'm sure crazy.I have the language bar docked in the taskbar. It's set, it works. BUT almost every day when I turn on my laptop, it's not there. And to get it back, I have to restart...
  6. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some Keyboards Disappear Repetitively from the Language Bar

Some Keyboards Disappear Repetitively from the Language Bar: I use my laptop in multiple languages, and for that, I use multiple keyboards, which are easily changeable through the language bar on the taskbar. But whenever I perform an action such as restart or changing user account, a fixed set of keyboards disappear from the language...
  8. Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language bar keeps randomly disappearing: When it disappears I can't change between languages and the language indicator at the task bar also disappears, while I still have both languages in the language setting, I need to remove one of them or move them up or down in order to have it reappear... is there any fix for...
  9. Language bar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Language bar keeps disappearing: Hello: I use Windows 10, 64-bit, v. 1803. I can get the language bar to show up, but after a reboot, it is gone (always), and I have to reactivate it. In Settings > Time & language > Region & language > Advanced keyboard settings, "Use the desktop language bar when it's...
  10. Language bar disappears from taskbar

Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...