Windows 10: Language bar doesn't show up when using shift+alt shortcut

Discus and support Language bar doesn't show up when using shift+alt shortcut in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title says I can't see the language bar when I change language with shift+alt keys, but it works when win+space is used. I'd use win+space but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ruun394, Dec 25, 2020.

1. ruun394 Win User

Language bar doesn't show up when using shift+alt shortcut

As the title says I can't see the language bar when I change language with shift+alt keys, but it works when win+space is used. I'd use win+space but I want to use my IBM Model M keyboard and it doesn't have a Win key. How can I make the bar appear with shift+alt?

:)

ruun394, Dec 25, 2020
  2. SarahEL Win User

Primary language not on language bar Windows 10

OS is Windows 10. Primary language is English (US) with International keyboard layout. Secondary languages are Hebrew and Greek. Keyboard shortcut for moving from one to another is Alt-Shift.

Problem: The primary language does not appear on the language bar, so I cannot move to English by using Alt-Shift, or even by clicking on the language bar.

In the language setup, English is clearly present as the primary language at the top of the list and with the input method designated.

The only way I was able to type in this question was by installing a different English (English-UK), which was added to the bar and could then be selected.

SarahEL, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Language bar is missing

I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the instructions here, but I still have the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Edit: The problem only occurs with one account. When logged into my troubleshooting account I can see the language bar.

ricecrispies, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Tesstula Win User

List custom keyboard shortcuts - Alt + Shift + T

Another great script for a total newbie like me, thank you!

It's not finding anything, though, unfortunately. I just substituted the P you have in the script for a T and I get the "Sorry, no shortcut found containing this hotkey" message.

Is there some way to indicate "Alt+Shift+T" specifically?

Thanks again for your help.

Tesstula, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Language bar doesn't show up when using shift+alt shortcut - Similar Threads - Language bar doesn't

2. Language bar doesn't show up after starting the Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar doesn't show up after starting the Windows: When I turn on my HP laptop which is using Windows 10, the language bar doesn't show up, and I can't write in the Windows panel. I mean this Panel: My windows is up to date, so please don't say try updating your god damn windows to me. When I enter this command in...
  3. Language bar doesn't show up after starting the Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar doesn't show up after starting the Windows: When I turn on my HP laptop which is using Windows 10, the language bar doesn't show up, and I can't write in the Windows panel. I mean this Panel: My windows is up to date, so please don't say try updating your god damn windows to me. When I enter this command in...
  4. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  5. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  6. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  7. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  8. Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the Alt+Shift language switch shortcut only for certain apps?: For example having it disabled while Photoshop or a game is opened, but having it function regularly while using Notepad or Chome. submitted by /u/Skull_Candy_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...
  10. Uninstalled Language Still Showing up in the the language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalled Language Still Showing up in the the language bar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Windows keeps giving me the option to switch to a keyboard I don't have installed. When I installed windows for the first time I accidentally clicked both keyboards, after hitting next on the install I realized my mistake and tried to go back to uncheck...