Windows 10: Language bar gets new preferred languages into the list but does not erase deleted prefered...

Discus and support Language bar gets new preferred languages into the list but does not erase deleted prefered... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi!Need help on language bar with the latest windows 10 builds.I was using two keyboard layouts of US English and Russian for years. While using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by -=Den=-, Jul 6, 2021.

1. -=Den=- Win User

Language bar gets new preferred languages into the list but does not erase deleted prefered...

Hi!Need help on language bar with the latest windows 10 builds.I was using two keyboard layouts of US English and Russian for years. While using English European as a system preferred language no need to type using European keybard layout, but need to display time in 24 hour format.After recent upgrade I have realized that the language bar has three keyboard layouts instead of two, and switching English to Russian become a nightmare.Well, entered language preferences->preferred language, deleted English European, changed to US. But no effect to the language bar!!! all three layouts are

:)

-=Den=-, Jul 6, 2021

2. languages preferred

Hello,

Assuming you want to use English (United States) as your preferred language, try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type these commands one-by-one and press Enter key after each:

Get-WinUserLanguageList

This will display list of installed languages on your machine. Note the LanguageTag for your preferred language.

$1=New-WinUserLanguageList <LanguageTag>

Replace <LanguageTag> for your preferred language. For example, if your preferred language is English (United States), then you can use $1=New-WinUserLanguageList en-US.

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

After this, when opted, type Y to confirm setting preferred language. Close Windows PowerShell and you're done.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jul 6, 2021
  3. Filip29 Win User
    Language preferences

I access the region and language settings as you can see from pic1 I uploaded, but the problem is that English(UK) is not in the list with preferred languages so I can't remove them from there. They just appear in the task bar - down right corner, so it
    is a few extra taps on Alt+Shift to get the right layout for me. Thank you anyway for your time Pedro.

Filip29, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Language bar gets new preferred languages into the list but does not erase deleted prefered...

Language Preferences

Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using
    the shortcut. Can someone please help me?

DragonX2657, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Language bar gets new preferred languages into the list but does not erase deleted prefered...

1. Language bar gets new preferred languages into the list but does not erase deleted prefered... - Similar Threads - Language bar gets

2. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  3. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  4. language preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    language preference: How do i change it so i can only switch between NOB and ENG? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-preference/f03cfc54-a832-4641-80cf-759b9aefaad7
  5. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using the shortcut. Can...
  6. Language preferences

Language preferences: How can I set up Microsoft IME in my new PC. Control panel does not have "language preferences" as in the older version where I could assign Microsoft IME setting. I need to add Japanese language....
  7. languages preferred

languages preferred: [IMG]Hi Why does African language often appear on languages preferred even though I have not chosen them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/languages-preferred/50fcf12c-88a7-455e-b2af-cb0c7f9b8664
  8. Language preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language preference: Hi, Does anyone know how to change the language for apps? Some of my apps are in English and some in Dutch. Although I speak both languages, I prefer to use just English. Somewhere I must have indicated Dutch, but I don't know where or how to change that information again....
  9. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hey there, I have a problem with my Language/Keyboard preferences. Somehow, I am shown two English keyboards, while only one is properly installed (see the screenshots below). Is there a workaround to fix this? Thanks and best regards! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Language preferences

Language preferences: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it , I changed the language from Dutch to English via settings but I am still seeing words here and there in Dutch.This might not sound like a very big problem but for me it is rather distracting.I also changed the system...