Windows 10: Language Bar in Remote Desktop

Discus and support Language Bar in Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bonjour, I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warluck, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Warluck Win User

Language Bar in Remote Desktop

Bonjour,
    I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french canada and US English. The problem is, when I'm connected via RDP, the language bar is NOT available and can't switch from one layont to the other. If I'm connected directly, no problèm. I've have a similar problem in the past where the local language are superseded by the language from the host and so is the lunguage bar behavior. I also remember having changed something on the remote machine to make it work but can't remember what I did, it was in windows 7.

Anyone of you knows how to fix this and make the language bar available ven when remotely connected via RDP?

:)

Warluck, Apr 29, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Language Bar in Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Language Bar Remote

2. Language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  3. Remote Desktop for Android Menu Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop for Android Menu Bar: I'm using an older version of Remote Desktop for Android, v8.1.82.445, for several Android based handheld scanners/ computers. Unfortunately, the Menu Bar/ Settings and Keyboard Display is placed such that it blocks several textboxes. Is there any way to hide either...
  4. Remote Desktop for Android Menu Bar

Remote Desktop for Android Menu Bar: I'm using an older version of Remote Desktop for Android, v8.1.82.445, for several Android based handheld scanners/ computers. Unfortunately, the Menu Bar/ Settings and Keyboard Display is placed such that it blocks several textboxes. Is there any way to hide either...
  5. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  6. Language Bar

Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  7. When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions?: When I use remote desktop the language bar on the host system pops in and out of existence every ten seconds, this also changes the focus making it nearly impossible to type anything in the remote desktop session. This does not happen every time I open RDC and I just...
  8. Remote Desktop UWP Autohide Title Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop UWP Autohide Title Bar: How do I get the Title Bar to only appear when I hover the mouse over this? Instead of appearing when the cursor touches the top of the screen? [ATTACH] I saw it briefly on another computer, it had a light blue bar over the black, similar to this; [ATTACH]...
  9. language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar: I added some input languages, but they disappear from language bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/5b8c8ab2-0eab-432d-9de1-314d1422b400
  10. Language Bar in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar in Remote Desktop: Bonjour, I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french canada and US English. The problem is, when I'm connected via RDP, the language bar is NOT available and can't switch from one...