Windows 10: Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade

Discus and support Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've run into the following problem after one of the recent Windows 10 updates current version is 19041.867 Previously, the language bar was to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryShem, Mar 31, 2021.

1. GaryShem Win User

Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade

I've run into the following problem after one of the recent Windows 10 updates current version is 19041.867

Previously, the language bar was to the left of the system tray icons for all languages, in a fixed position, like so:

Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade 792a04ea-0704-43de-9512-442a9b8f34cf?upload=true.png

However, after the update, it keeps resetting itself into this position, but ONLY for Japanese language after switching away and back to it other languages remain on the left side like in the first picture - this not only take up more space, but also makes it hard double-clicking icons in the system tray because they keep moving, especially when the window I click from has a different active language than the system tray itself.

Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade 181785ad-b8ad-49da-8035-ad842f96cc8d?upload=true.png

If I understand this correctly. This relies on an option from Control Panel -> Time & Language -> Language -> Keyboard -> "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" the bottom checkbox in the next picture. If I enable it, the Japanese bar goes to its proper position, but after switching languages the checkbox resets to an "off" state for some reason.

Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade 98b7454b-0bd8-4d57-be55-ecb9497703e7?upload=true.png

Is there any way to make this setting stay on on the new version? It works correctly if I choose to use old Windows IME, but not on the new version.

:)

GaryShem, Mar 31, 2021
  2. takudl Win User

Japanese IME missing in language bar

Thanks for your reply. Tried this, CTFMON loaded on startup. But nothing really changed as Japanese IME still missing (whole language in language bar and keyboard in Japanese language options). Language options visually differ from other PC where IME is
    present.

takudl, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Language bar is gone in windows 10

Hello,

I understand that the Language Bar is not found in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Search Language and select it.
    • Left side pane select Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching Input methods check mark "Use the desktop language bar when its available."
    • Click Save. Check if the issue persists.
    Please post to us if you have any further issues in Windows. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Language bar

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information.

• Have you installed the language pack on your computer?
    The Language bar is a toolbar that appears on your desktop automatically when you add text services, such as input languages, keyboard layouts, handwriting recognition, speech recognition, or input method editors (IMEs). The Language bar
    provides a quick way to change the input language or keyboard layout from your desktop.

Reply us back with more information. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Language Bar is moving to wrong position after IME upgrade - Similar Threads - Language Bar moving

2. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  3. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  4. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Floating IME bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating IME bar: Hello! The question is simple. Is there a way to make a floating IME barto be docked in the Windows taskbar?Is there a way for it to be something like this:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-ime-bar/bed3b9e8-dce6-4f42-acda-59fade47fc44
  6. Floating IME bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floating IME bar: Hello! The question is simple. Is there a way to make a floating IME barto be docked in the Windows taskbar?Is there a way for it to be something like this:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-ime-bar/bed3b9e8-dce6-4f42-acda-59fade47fc44
  7. Language Bar & keyboard shortcuts missing. Microsoft IME hogging CPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Bar & keyboard shortcuts missing. Microsoft IME hogging CPU.: Context: - PC has two languages installed: UK English (custom keyboard layout), and Simplified Chinese (Microsoft Pinyin Input Method Editor). Problem: - The language bar has disappeared. - The Microsft IME process is shown in Task Manager as typically using about 94% of my...
  8. Language Bar resets position

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language Bar resets position: [ATTACH] I've run into the following problem after one of the recent updates, current system version is 19041.867 Previously, the language bar was to the left of the system tray icons for all languages, in a fixed position, like so: Correct position However, after the...
  9. task bar position

task bar position: how do I move my taskbar when it is unlocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-position/dcdacf71-3791-4dd5-b4ab-3ea6f5d95ffa
  10. Japanese IME missing in language bar

Japanese IME missing in language bar: Hello, I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US), Russian, Latvian and Japanese. However, my language bar (in tray) contains all but Japanese. It is missing and no way to select...