Windows 10: language bar keeps changing

Discus and support language bar keeps changing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rose, Feb 28, 2016.

1. rose Win User

language bar keeps changing

I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay on TUR.

:)

2. Jettto Win User

Switching keyboard layout doesn't work ANYMORE.

The Left Alt+Ctrl combo doesn't change language anymore. The language bar doesn't appear anymore. To change language I have to go to settings all the time.

Tried changing the hotkey back and forth and putting on and off showing language bar on status bar.

How do I solve this?

Jettto, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Can not touch @ with Win10 ?

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to change the input language and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps to change your preferred language.

• In the search bar type Control panel and press enter.

• Select Clock, language and Region

• Click on language

• Select your preferred display language.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Rose,

It is possible that you have multiple languages setup on your laptop. Use the Time and Language Settings screen to delete the language that you do not want and keep the one that you do want.

language bar keeps changing [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    As an additional option, if you do want to keep multiple languages available you can use the more versatile Control Panel screen to change the order of the languages and put the one you want at the top:

philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  6. rose Win User
    I don't want the windows display the TUR though. I just want the keyboard when I'm typing turkish wise, but language bar icon keeps changing when I restart or start the pc.

7. philc43 Win User
    In which case you need to click on the options in the screen shown in post #3 and this will give you an input method where you can select the preferred keyboard language.

philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  8. rose Win User

Ok I think I got it now. Thanks.

rose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. language bar keeps changing - Similar Threads - language bar keeps

2. language bar apperance changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language bar apperance changed: Hello everyone ,My language toolbar looks like this before, but now, the apperace changed as follwing and I can not restore the settingsIs there anything I can do? thanks!...
  3. language bar apperance changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language bar apperance changed: Hello everyone ,My language toolbar looks like this before, but now, the apperace changed as follwing and I can not restore the settingsIs there anything I can do? thanks!...
  4. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  5. Random language keeps adding to my language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random language keeps adding to my language bar: None of the solution on the forum work and I still get random languages added to my bar after restart. I can find it on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-language-keeps-adding-to-my-language-bar/f1a51b67-152d-4932-844c-19f49e74420c
  6. Change old language bar to new language bar

Change old language bar to new language bar: Do you know how to change from the old language bar to the new language bar? I used the old one for a while but I want to change it back. old: EN new: ENG...
  7. Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language bar keeps randomly disappearing: When it disappears I can't change between languages and the language indicator at the task bar also disappears, while I still have both languages in the language setting, I need to remove one of them or move them up or down in order to have it reappear... is there any fix for...
  8. Language bar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Language bar keeps disappearing: Hello: I use Windows 10, 64-bit, v. 1803. I can get the language bar to show up, but after a reboot, it is gone (always), and I have to reactivate it. In Settings > Time & language > Region & language > Advanced keyboard settings, "Use the desktop language bar when it's...
  9. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?: I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However, after installing Korean, I noticed its icon is black text on a white background. Is there any way to change this? It's annoying...
  10. keyboard language keeps changing

keyboard language keeps changing: Since the last windows update my keyboard language keeps changing. That problem did not occur before the update but I can not get rid of it now. system language is English but keyboard is German (for practical reasons). I used override for default input method and German...