Windows 10: Language bar keeps disappearing

Discus and support Language bar keeps disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello: I use Windows 10, 64-bit, v. 1803. I can get the language bar to show up, but after a reboot, it is gone (always), and I have to reactivate it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hans L, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Hans L Win User

Language bar keeps disappearing

Hello:

I use Windows 10, 64-bit, v. 1803. I can get the language bar to show up, but after a reboot, it is gone (always), and I have to reactivate it.

In Settings > Time & language > Region & language > Advanced keyboard settings, "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" is checked (and now, I know what they mean by "when it is available; it is sometimes not available, as in my case :-(

In Language bar options, "Docked in the taskbar" is checked (and I have tried "Floating on Desktop").

Checked are also "Show additional Language bar options in the taskbar" (don't know what it is, but just in case) and "Show text labels on the Language bar" (although, in its normal state, no text is apparent).

What could be wrong, and what should I do (hope someone knows!)?

:)

Hans L, Jul 9, 2019

2. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true? suggestions?) Under Win7, when only one layout was installed the Language bar would disappear automatically: any Idea about how to hide it in my case? Thanks for supporting, Marco

marcomarsella, Jul 9, 2019
  3. rose Win User
    language bar keeps changing

I don't want the windows display the TUR though. I just want the keyboard when I'm typing turkish wise, but language bar icon keeps changing when I restart or start the pc.

rose, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Gunta Win User

Some specific languages keep disappearing from the language toolbar in windows 10

I have been using language toolbar and 4 different keyboard languages (English, Spanish, Russian and Latvian) without any issues for about half a year in Windows 10.

This morning I suddenly realized that Spanish language has disappeared from the language toolbar. But it still was showed as "installed" in the language preferences!

I experimented with different kind of options, set the "old type of language bar" and from there I could switch to Spanish.

Then I realized language switching hot keys do not work, even if they appear to be set, just do not work.

In the meantime, now Latvian language disappeared from the language bar, and the "old type of language bar" also disappered.

I am very confused why languages keep disappearing from the language bar!

Gunta, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Language bar keeps disappearing - Similar Threads - Language bar keeps

2. Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.: I am a student who speaks English and is studying Spanish. I carefully set up my computer to accept both languages as grammatically correct. Yet after I restarted it, it completely forgot I spoke Spanish. How do I set it up so my computer recommends both languages?...
  3. Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.: I am a student who speaks English and is studying Spanish. I carefully set up my computer to accept both languages as grammatically correct. Yet after I restarted it, it completely forgot I spoke Spanish. How do I set it up so my computer recommends both languages?...
  4. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR: Posting this in hope MS would finally decide to fix this, as it's driving me and not just me I'm sure crazy.I have the language bar docked in the taskbar. It's set, it works. BUT almost every day when I turn on my laptop, it's not there. And to get it back, I have to restart...
  5. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR: Posting this in hope MS would finally decide to fix this, as it's driving me and not just me I'm sure crazy.I have the language bar docked in the taskbar. It's set, it works. BUT almost every day when I turn on my laptop, it's not there. And to get it back, I have to restart...
  6. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  7. Language bar disappears frequently

Language bar disappears frequently: I use English and Spanish keyboard settings on my Win 10 machines. Three machines -- two Dell, one Lenovo. Normally, the "ENG" or "ESP" setting appears in the taskbar, and I can click to toggle the input language. I can also use shift+left alt to toggle. But every day or...
  8. Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language bar keeps randomly disappearing: When it disappears I can't change between languages and the language indicator at the task bar also disappears, while I still have both languages in the language setting, I need to remove one of them or move them up or down in order to have it reappear... is there any fix for...
  9. Language bar disappears from taskbar

Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...
  10. language bar keeps changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    language bar keeps changing: I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay on TUR. 42449