Windows 10: Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

Discus and support Language bar keeps randomly disappearing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When it disappears I can't change between languages and the language indicator at the task bar also disappears, while I still have both languages in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gilm1408, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

When it disappears I can't change between languages and the language indicator at the task bar also disappears, while I still have both languages in the language setting, I need to remove one of them or move them up or down in order to have it reappear... is there any fix for that?

submitted by /u/Gilm1408
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gilm1408, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Hans L Win User

Language bar keeps disappearing

Hello:

I use Windows 10, 64-bit, v. 1803. I can get the language bar to show up, but after a reboot, it is gone (always), and I have to reactivate it.

In Settings > Time & language > Region & language > Advanced keyboard settings, "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" is checked (and now, I know what they mean by "when it is available; it is sometimes not available, as in my case :-(

In Language bar options, "Docked in the taskbar" is checked (and I have tried "Floating on Desktop").

Checked are also "Show additional Language bar options in the taskbar" (don't know what it is, but just in case) and "Show text labels on the Language bar" (although, in its normal state, no text is apparent).

What could be wrong, and what should I do (hope someone knows!)?

Hans L, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Yetong Win User
    Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar

Hello,

I keep having getting random keyboard inputs added to the language bar, cluttering the things to the point where it`s annoying to use. It happens on both my laptops and desktop. Even after a clean reinstall of Windows on both machines, the issue persists.
    Sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not. They magically appear and disappear after a reboot or login without me doing anything.

I only use 3 languages and inputs:

• English US (US Keyboard) , which is also the display language
    • French Canada (Canadian French Keyboard)
    • Spanish US (Latin American Keyboard)

Language bar keeps randomly disappearing 201e2a9e-dd6d-4a49-94f1-480366176dbc?upload=true.png

Despite this, two inputs keep randomly appearing.

• English Canada (US Keyboard) | The exact same thing as English US, thus useless
    • French Canada (Canadian French (Legacy) Keyboard) | A crappier version of the non-legacy Canadian French Keyboard

Language bar keeps randomly disappearing fce61c4c-5608-4584-84de-7736f7f554d9?upload=true.png

English Canada (US Keyboard)

I assume it's there because Canada is the region I set. Its useless since it's the same keyboard as English US. When it appears I have no way of getting rid of it except waiting for it to magically go away.

French Canada (Canadian French (Legacy) Keyboard)

This one randomly appears and disappears no reason. It isn't even in the keyboard options for french

Language bar keeps randomly disappearing 1cf53dae-5070-4670-86ef-07610970d5e6?upload=true.png

I can get rid of it by adding it Canadian French (Legacy) and then removing it under keyboards, but it'll come back in some next login/restart.

It's getting really annoying since I very often have to switch between them on the fly and this messes with my muscle memory.

Thanks.

Yetong, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

Predictive text bar on Lumia 620 keeps disappearing.

Why does the predicitive text bar on my Lumia 620 keep randomly disappearing. All the correct options in the 'Keyboard' section of 'Settings' are checked, but the bar keeps disappearing and I don't know why. Its very annoying and makes typing on the touch
    screen very hard.

I Wakefield, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Language bar keeps randomly disappearing

1. Language bar keeps randomly disappearing - Similar Threads - Language bar keeps

2. Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.: I am a student who speaks English and is studying Spanish. I carefully set up my computer to accept both languages as grammatically correct. Yet after I restarted it, it completely forgot I spoke Spanish. How do I set it up so my computer recommends both languages?...
  3. Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Languages keep disappearing.: I am a student who speaks English and is studying Spanish. I carefully set up my computer to accept both languages as grammatically correct. Yet after I restarted it, it completely forgot I spoke Spanish. How do I set it up so my computer recommends both languages?...
  4. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  5. Language bar dissapearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language bar dissapearing randomly: So as the title says the language bar dissapearing randomly from the taskbar. I installed a new version of Windows 10 on my dads pc. I installed 3 languages he uses for his work but he keeps calling me every day that the bar is missing so i have to fix it by running...
  6. Language bar disappears frequently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar disappears frequently: I use English and Spanish keyboard settings on my Win 10 machines. Three machines -- two Dell, one Lenovo. Normally, the "ENG" or "ESP" setting appears in the taskbar, and I can click to toggle the input language. I can also use shift+left alt to toggle. But every day or...
  7. Random language keeps adding to my language bar

Random language keeps adding to my language bar: None of the solution on the forum work and I still get random languages added to my bar after restart. I can find it on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-language-keeps-adding-to-my-language-bar/f1a51b67-152d-4932-844c-19f49e74420c
  8. Language bar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Language bar keeps disappearing: Hello: I use Windows 10, 64-bit, v. 1803. I can get the language bar to show up, but after a reboot, it is gone (always), and I have to reactivate it. In Settings > Time & language > Region & language > Advanced keyboard settings, "Use the desktop language bar when it's...
  9. Language bar disappears from taskbar

Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...
  10. language bar keeps changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    language bar keeps changing: I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay on TUR. 42449

Users found this page by searching for:

1. language bar keeps disappearing