Windows 10: Language bar Problems

Discus and support Language bar Problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think easily one of the most frustrating things about the new Windows 10 is that the forced updates frequently crashes, forces complete clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Jason H_, Dec 6, 2018.

1. _Jason H_ Win User

Language bar Problems

I think easily one of the most frustrating things about the new Windows 10 is that the forced updates frequently crashes, forces complete clean reinstalls, and of more minor annoyances, disappears previously fully functional intuitive UIs.

For example, the Language bar popped up one day. Which is an eyesore, so I prepared to remove it. Except apparently, in my newest version of windows (Windows 10 Pro - 64bit - Ver 1809), "Language" is no longer available in the Control Panel which would have had options to remove it, and the newfangled Settings app is also lacking.

Moreover the more intuitive "Close the Language bar", normally available on right-click alt-menu is also befuddlingly missing...

Can we please fix this please?

Language bar Problems [​IMG] Language bar Problems f95ce143-c317-4f4c-aea9-f124d1a4ebbe?upload=true.png Language bar Problems a6faf9b1-4aee-4d41-bba4-af6de4a75809?upload=true.png Language bar Problems 8594a8ad-9fe9-4686-a065-64d735e578ea?upload=true.png

:)

_Jason H_, Dec 6, 2018

2. Language bar is missing

I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the instructions here, but I still have the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Edit: The problem only occurs with one account. When logged into my troubleshooting account I can see the language bar.

ricecrispies, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Language bar is gone in windows 10

Hello,

I understand that the Language Bar is not found in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Search Language and select it.
    • Left side pane select Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching Input methods check mark "Use the desktop language bar when its available."
    • Click Save. Check if the issue persists.
    Please post to us if you have any further issues in Windows. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Language bar Problems

Flyfisherman, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Language bar Problems

1. Language bar Problems - Similar Threads - Language bar Problems

2. Problem with language bar and Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with language bar and Japanese: Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen and I don't know how to make the kana function work. All of the tutorials I've found on Google have different kind of...
  3. Problem with language bar and Japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with language bar and Japanese: Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen and I don't know how to make the kana function work. All of the tutorials I've found on Google have different kind of...
  4. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  5. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  6. my language bar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    my language bar problem: In the language input bar, I used to pressing Shift + Alt to change the language. the problem is when I change language, it has two types of English input. one is ENG and the other is ENG US. but in the language reference, it only has 1 language - English united states. it...
  7. Windows 10 language bar problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 language bar problem: My windows 10 language bar is missing. I’ve tried to change the settings regarding the language bar but still no change. The hot keys to change language are not working,and in the task bar settings I’m missing the input device icon. I’m not sure what to do from here and any...
  8. language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar: I added some input languages, but they disappear from language bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/5b8c8ab2-0eab-432d-9de1-314d1422b400
  9. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  10. Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar: I have on the language bars redundant languages, namely: English UK and English International, although my current language settings are configured to Arabic Saudi Arabia and English US. Here is a GIF explanation of my problem. Animated GIF - Find Share on GIPHY...