Windows 10: Language bar Problems

Discus and support Language bar Problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think easily one of the most frustrating things about the new Windows 10 is that the forced updates frequently crashes, forces complete clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Jason H_, Dec 6, 2018.

1. _Jason H_ Win User

Language bar Problems

I think easily one of the most frustrating things about the new Windows 10 is that the forced updates frequently crashes, forces complete clean reinstalls, and of more minor annoyances, disappears previously fully functional intuitive UIs.

For example, the Language bar popped up one day. Which is an eyesore, so I prepared to remove it. Except apparently, in my newest version of windows (Windows 10 Pro - 64bit - Ver 1809), "Language" is no longer available in the Control Panel which would have had options to remove it, and the newfangled Settings app is also lacking.

Moreover the more intuitive "Close the Language bar", normally available on right-click alt-menu is also befuddlingly missing...

Can we please fix this please?

Language bar Problems [​IMG] Language bar Problems f95ce143-c317-4f4c-aea9-f124d1a4ebbe?upload=true.png Language bar Problems a6faf9b1-4aee-4d41-bba4-af6de4a75809?upload=true.png Language bar Problems 8594a8ad-9fe9-4686-a065-64d735e578ea?upload=true.png

:)

_Jason H_, Dec 6, 2018

2. Language bar is missing

I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the instructions here, but I still have the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Edit: The problem only occurs with one account. When logged into my troubleshooting account I can see the language bar.

ricecrispies, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Language bar is gone in windows 10

Hello,

I understand that the Language Bar is not found in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Search Language and select it.
    • Left side pane select Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching Input methods check mark "Use the desktop language bar when its available."
    • Click Save. Check if the issue persists.
    Please post to us if you have any further issues in Windows. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Language bar Problems

Flyfisherman, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Language bar Problems

1. Language bar Problems - Similar Threads - Language bar Problems

2. LANGUAGE BAR ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LANGUAGE BAR ISSUE: Hello my task bar shows 4 languages, I just removed the two of others from language preference setting option. But still it's shows there. So its very difficult to switch between them. I need only two languages to b showed on the taskbar.....anyone please help me!!!!! (sorry...
  3. Language bar options

Language bar options: Hello, I use key sequence (Ctrl + key) for changing the input languages I use. Regularly my advanced key settings are restored to default, erased or something like this - nothing happens when I use Ctrl+key and when I go the the menu it's written "none". Also when I change...
  4. Japanese is missing in language bar

Japanese is missing in language bar: Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?...
  5. Language bar gone :(

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Language bar gone :(: Hey guys! Hi guys! Need your help. I am running windows 10 in parallels 11, and unfortunately, I had to restore the virtual machine via time machine. It worked out, but i am left with not being able to change the input language on the windows side. It worked before i did...
  6. Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar: I have on the language bars redundant languages, namely: English UK and English International, although my current language settings are configured to Arabic Saudi Arabia and English US. Here is a GIF explanation of my problem. Animated GIF - Find Share on GIPHY...
  7. language bar keeps changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    language bar keeps changing: I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay on TUR. 42449
  8. Language Bar Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar Display: The language bar only displays 3 squares when Thai keyboard is used. How to get it to display properly? [img] [img] In Windows 7 it is displayed properly or (TH) 97435
  9. Remove Language in status bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Language in status bar: In status bar is present language in use: ENG or ITA etc.. In windows 7 its possible remove this and in windows 10 ? Thank Hispa 11956
  10. Language bar is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Language bar is missing: I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the...