Windows 10: Language bar returning every boot

Discus and support Language bar returning every boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So every time I boot windows 10 it seems to think I want that useless language bar (who doesn't know what language their machine is using?) after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sketch, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Sketch Win User

Language bar returning every boot

So every time I boot windows 10 it seems to think I want that useless language bar (who doesn't know what language their machine is using?) after having disabled it every time prior.

Anyone know what files to delete in order to force it to be unable to activate the language bar?

also it seems win 10 isn't letting me delete the u.s or n.z language packs despite only ever using the U.K pack for got knows what reason.

:)

Sketch, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Algebe Win User

windows 10 quick launch toolbar disappears on restart

I "solved" the problem by establishing a routine for shutting down and starting up.

1. Restore the language bar to the desk top.

2. Shut down.

3. Start up.

4. Dock the language bar to the task bar.

Restoring/redocking the language bar is slightly less trouble than reinstalling the Quick Launch toolbar every time. Although to make it more interesting, Windows 10 restores the language bar to a random location on one of my screens each time. So I have
    to play the hunt the language bar game.

The last few times I've experimented with leaving the language bar on the taskbar. I've found that the Quick Launch toolbar now disappears once in every three start-ups instead of every time right after the so-called Fall Creators muckdate.

I think Microsoft is trying to fix the problem, but unfortunately their programmers aren't competent enough to do a proper job.

I'm also getting lots of BSODs lately. Windows 3.1 was more reliable and user-friendly Windows 10.

Algebe, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Language Setting

Windows 10 problems

Lenovo All in one PC upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Every time I make change to language setting, it will automatic add English Zimbabwe to my language bar next to date/time at the corner.

Since English Zimbabwe is not in my language preference, I have to add it in before remove it out every time when it appear in language bar.

File Explorer become extremely slow when open.

ViparwanSmanattanon, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Sketch Win User

After a bit of screwing around I found there was a way to delete the extra language sets it was on the same page as the greyed out option (hell knows what the greyed out one was there for) and with only one left it seems to actually save my keep the language bar gone setting

Sketch, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Language bar returning every boot - Similar Threads - Language bar returning

2. Language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  3. Language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  4. LANGUAGE BAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  5. LANGUAGE BAR

LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  6. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  7. Language Bar

Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  8. language bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    language bar: I've been switching from English to Japanese for years using the language bar. Now, for some reason when I switch to Japanese it will not type in Japanese characters, only Roman letters we use in English. I'm stuck. Any suggestions?...
  9. language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar: I added some input languages, but they disappear from language bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/5b8c8ab2-0eab-432d-9de1-314d1422b400
  10. Blinking bar on every boot-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking bar on every boot-up: There's an annoying white bar blinking for ~5 seconds on every boot-up and it makes it longer. It's nothing critical, the OS and Computer work fine after that but can I get rid of it somehow?...