Windows 10: Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI

Discus and support Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mother tongue is French, but I hate it and feel way more comfortable with English, which is why, after having my computer switched to English for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elijah Charre, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI

My mother tongue is French, but I hate it and feel way more comfortable with English, which is why, after having my computer switched to English for MONTHS now I'm still very annoyed at the fact certain screens still show French

For example EVERYTHING on the logging in screen is still French, and it's fairly infuriating

Is there anything I can do to just have everything in English and not a weird mix between languages? Or am I stuck like this until I buy an actual English Laptop

:)

Elijah Charre, Nov 28, 2020

2. unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Nov 28, 2020
  3. 辛时雨 Win User
    Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

The problem exists when:

Step 1. The original language (both display and input) is Chinese (China).

Step 2. Change the display language (but not the input language) to French (France), log in again, and then problem arises: Some part of the UI is French and some part of the UI is Chinese.

Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI d5f2e8fd-6e39-4995-b33f-983ae47c787f?upload=true.png

However, the problem can be magically solved, when:

Step 1. Change the input language to French.

Step 2. Reopen the faulty app (here it is Settings, but the same problem arises in other system apps as well), and then problem disappears.

Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI 2f22faa2-8f42-4dc9-a248-5a4e00274518?upload=true.png

Theoretically and logically, the choice of the display language should and should only affect display, while the input language should have nothing to do with display. But from this we can see these two settings are not working as expected.

What's more, the "language mix" does not appear again when you change the input language BACK to Chinese.

That is to say, the problem only appears when the input language first differ from the display language, and part of the language display wrongly correspond to the preferred input language, which can be solved when the two settings become the same, and the
    problem do not appear again when input language is changed once more.

I think the problem lies in at least two aspects: The first is that the environment is not properly modified when the user changes display language, so there are something left undone. The second is that the change of the input language wrongly determines
    the display and finishes the "left-undone" things. What I couldn't figure out was why changing back the input language would not generate the problem again.

I've read some questions posed years before here and found out that the very same problem has existed for at least five years and had not been solved. I with this problem could be solved.

Thank you for whoever reads this discussion.

辛时雨, Nov 28, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI

1. Language change only affects CERTAIN parts of UI - Similar Threads - Language change affects

2. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  3. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  4. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows language changes in some parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows language changes in some parts: My brother recently set up a pc with windows on it for me, a week or two later some parts of the system changed to being in Japanese and im not sure how to change it back..for example, If i open up Terminal, most of the stuff there is in Japanese, and changing the language in...
  6. Windows language changes in some parts

Windows language changes in some parts: My brother recently set up a pc with windows on it for me, a week or two later some parts of the system changed to being in Japanese and im not sure how to change it back..for example, If i open up Terminal, most of the stuff there is in Japanese, and changing the language in...
  7. How to change default system UI Language

How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  8. Change default system UI language

Change default system UI language: Hi. I want to change my default system UI language, but any method can't allow that. I tried everything i know about editing languages, but nothing changes the default system UI language.Windows Language Settings - Everywhere is English, but default system UI language is...
  9. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language: The problem exists when: Step 1. The original language both display and input is Chinese China. Step 2. Change the display language but not the input language to French France, log in again, and then problem arises: Some part of the UI is French and some part of the UI is...
  10. Changing Windows UI Language with DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Windows UI Language with DISM: [ATTACH]This is the result after I chose to run DISM /online /get-intl in Command Prompt I'm wishing to change the "Default system UI language" to en-US, and as the search engines suggested, I should use the DISM /image:<path_to_offline_image_directory> /Set-UILang:en-US to...