Windows 10: language changes after recent update

Discus and support language changes after recent update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello there, i am using hebrew as my default language, after recent updates in some places i see toolbars in English, it never happen before: As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RazTibi, Oct 4, 2018.

1. RazTibi Win User

language changes after recent update

hello there,

i am using hebrew as my default language, after recent updates in some places i see toolbars in English,

it never happen before:

As you can see when i right click on desktop i have half the options in Hebrew and half in English..

also, all of my control panel is now in english:

It is really weird bug, i think maybe this patch of win 10 didnt come out yet in hebrew,

:)

RazTibi, Oct 4, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Language has changed after last update

I was just installing windows 10 updates. I was not trying to change any language setting. I do not have details of "
    Which Windows update KB number recently got installed?"

The steps suggested by you in above reply did not change anything even after selecting the language to English (United States) as suggested.

Hope to get this settled soon.

Avinash_Shukla, Oct 4, 2018
  4. language changes after recent update

Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

language changes after recent update

1. language changes after recent update - Similar Threads - language changes recent

2. Problem With Language Changing After Recent Windows10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem With Language Changing After Recent Windows10 Update: I've no idea what went wrong. On any of the browsers I have Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome when I open each and/or click a link the language displayed in the software menus is likely to be either what I have optioned English Australia / English or any other language...
  3. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  4. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  5. Unable to change the dark mode after the recent update!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change the dark mode after the recent update!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alexiszain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijapa4/unable_to_change_the_dark_mode_after_the_recent/
  6. Windows language did not change after changed it

Windows language did not change after changed it: After I try to change the windows language from Spanish to English, it tells me that I have it changed, but windows still appear in the same language,I have tried everything and I don't know what to do...
  7. Display language changed after KB4541335 Update

Display language changed after KB4541335 Update: After this update KB4541335 my desktop has changed language I don't understand? ***Original Title: updated KB4541335*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-language-changed-after-kb4541335-update/31a6439c-d204-4644-a872-7f9111eecbc8
  8. After Windows update, display language changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update, display language changed: I want to have English as my display language. After Windows 10 update the display language changed to Slovak but I want to get back English. Help me to change it. I use Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Windows deactivated (and edition changed!) after recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated (and edition changed!) after recent update: Had this PC 2 years. After the recent Windows Update it says it's not activated. ADT and LicensingDiag outputs are attached. Version 1809, OS Build 17763.864. Details below; some differ from the more usual scenario for these questions (of which I've read several dozen):...
  10. Monitor settings change after recent 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor settings change after recent 1903 update: I read a ton of people have had this issue for several years. My issue just happened August 2019. Seems like after an update. On sleep or restart the monitor 2 settings only go to 1600x1280. I tried everything. Here is my stupid work around. 1. Delete display driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wndows 1809 language pack