Windows 10: language changing on lock screen problem

Discus and support language changing on lock screen problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by saif_abdelhamid, Nov 28, 2021.

1. language changing on lock screen problem

Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i can not unlock my computer NOTE : i added arabic language before the update and it removed after update

:)

saif_abdelhamid, Nov 28, 2021

2. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 28, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 28, 2021
  4. matt57-14 Win User

language changing on lock screen problem

language on lock screen windows 10

I have the same problem and it is in Indonesian even the language icon on the lock screen is ENG. Change it as you suggested but nothing changed.

matt57-14, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

language changing on lock screen problem

1. language changing on lock screen problem - Similar Threads - language changing lock

2. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  3. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  4. How do I change the language on the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the language on the lock screen?: I have been trying out all the answers I have seen on here and none of them have worked. Currently I have Japanese for the Microsoft Store and English on my lock screen. I can't seem to change the Japanese to English. Below is what I am seeing. Any ideas on how to make it...
  5. Remove lock screen language

Remove lock screen language: I went to Korea few month ago, so I’ve installed the language on my laptop. After coming back to France I found the new input language on my desk computer too. I didn't need it anymore, so I deleted it. After some days I've understood that I need to uninstall it from my...
  6. Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen: I've been desperately trying to change the language of this Windows 10 Lock Screen for the past several hours but to no avail. I don't know how or why turned into Chinese language as I can't read Chinese. I have totally no idea what it is saying but whenever I click into them...
  7. Wrong Lock Screen Language

Wrong Lock Screen Language: Whenever I start up my computer, the little boxes that give you information on the lock screen are in Japanese. Everything else is in English, and English is set to my default language. I even deleted Japanese from my computer, but I still get Japanese text....
  8. Problem: Lock Screen is changing?

Problem: Lock Screen is changing?: Can anyone help me with my lock screen it always changing or making its own picture. Even though I set it with the picture I like. Anyone? *Sad *Sad 36756
  9. Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L

in Windows 10 Support
    Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L: Hello everyone. I have the following issue that I'm unable to find solution for. I use two languages on my computer. One is English and the secondary language is Croatian. After logging on my laptop, I always switch language to Croatian with using windows + spacebar. So...
  10. W10 Home x64: Default Lock Screen - language changed

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Home x64: Default Lock Screen - language changed: Windows 10 Home x64 Dutch version / from upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (pre-installed on PC) Keyboard:: US International (English / QWERTY) Language: Dutch (homelanguage) When PC starts up the Default Lock screen at Start Up with Secure Sign-in enabled appears. In...