Windows 10: Language feature keeps failing to download.

Discus and support Language feature keeps failing to download. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frustrated windows user, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Language feature keeps failing to download.

Hello everyone,

Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it tries again about a minute later. I get a notification every time the attempt starts and fails, which is very frequent and it is driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me how to either make the download succeed or just stop the attempt from happening altogether? Do I even need this feature? Please help me Language feature keeps failing to download. :(

:)

Frustrated windows user, Oct 8, 2018
  2. jsmithy1 Win User

Language options fail to download

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the suggestions are of no help and don't address the specific issues I raise.

How do I change the Speech language if English (United States) is the only option and yet if I try to download the Speech pack for English (UK) it fails?

The link you sent to language packs has no download links as far as I can see but the page just lists languages.

Still not fixed...

Download fails every time.

jsmithy1, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Language feature keeps failing to download.

language features failing to download

the problem; it's going on for 2 days now:

1- I added the "Greek" language from "language preferences"

2- then new ">optional< features" for Greek and previously added Arabic language started to download

3- every 5 to 15 mins I get the "failed to download: pop-up message"

the "cancel" button does not work and nothing seems to stop the cycle.

I tried:

1- to stop automatic updates

2- different networks (not metered)

3- stay offline (it kept going)

4- remove all languages

5- add some new languages (Indian)

there is an error code in the picture below. successful installs are false. the windows keep trying to download them.

I searched the internet for an answer and discovered that a lot of people have the same problem.... with no answer.

thanks

Language feature keeps failing to download. 32736bf3-5662-4625-b166-71bc9e9f4cf6.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

aboudtahanis, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Language feature keeps failing to download.

1. Language feature keeps failing to download. - Similar Threads - Language feature keeps

2. Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.: In my new windows 11 language setting, I trying to install additional language from "Add a language list" under the "Preferred Language". But the download fail, the download indicator stops at 80%. Kindly advise how to resolve it....
  3. Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.: In my new windows 11 language setting, I trying to install additional language from "Add a language list" under the "Preferred Language". But the download fail, the download indicator stops at 80%. Kindly advise how to resolve it....
  4. Unable to download language features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to download language features: I'm completely unable to download language features, it just says that it's searching for language features, is there a way to manually install these or another possible solution? If anyone is wondering, I'm using a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4XU96EA#ABU.[ATTACH]...
  5. Canceling Optional Language Features download

Canceling Optional Language Features download: Hi, I wanted to start typing in Mandarin on my Windows 10 PC, so I installed several different input languages for Chinese. I removed the input languages that I didn't like, but I didn't know that the optional features were still being downloaded, resulting in a pile-up of...
  6. Can't download the feature language

Can't download the feature language: Dear Microsoft, Good evening, My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia. I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows. my administrator language is US English, so I want to install Japanese language. but when I tried to install the language there is...
  7. Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing: I am unable to download from Language Options (a mere 33MB of Handwriting). It keeps stopping/failing without any error code. My connection is NOT set to Metered. Any ideas? 121098
  8. Download Language typing features FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Language typing features FAILED: Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional...
  9. 'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up: Hello Forum users. 'Download language typing features ...' keep popping up on the screen every 20 minutes or so. See attached screenshot. How do I get rid of that? Thanks Forum Peeps. Pierre 117623
  10. Optional features keep downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Optional features keep downloading: Despite numerous registry tweaks I applied, I still get these stupid optional features to download and install shortly after Windows boots for the first time. For example, "optical character recognition". Is there anything I can do? 113551

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop windows trying to install english 9gb0 typping feature that keeps failing

2. windows language keeps downloading