Windows 10: Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language...

Discus and support Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Screenshot of the problem : https://imgur.com/a/JW8jwb6 I don't know when or how this bug has happened, but it's now annoying to try to write in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cryxe, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Cryxe Win User

Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language...

Screenshot of the problem : https://imgur.com/a/JW8jwb6

I don't know when or how this bug has happened, but it's now annoying to try to write in french since the language input is no longer available.

I've restarted my PC with no luck.

EDIT : Since I have duo-monitor set-up, I've actually changed the location of my "main" taskbar from my secondary monitor to my primary montior, and the language input works correctly! But when I go back to placing it in my secondary monitor, the bug happens again.

:)

Cryxe, Dec 12, 2018
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language...

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language...

1. Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language... - Similar Threads - Language input via

2. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  3. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  4. No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar: Hi,Failed attempts:1 Right-click empty space on Windows 10 taskbar and then select “Taskbar settings“. Toggle the setting for Input Indicator to On or Off. This will show or hide the input indicator accordingly. This change will take effect immediately. 2 Go to the...
  5. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language: The problem exists when: Step 1. The original language both display and input is Chinese China. Step 2. Change the display language but not the input language to French France, log in again, and then problem arises: Some part of the UI is French and some part of the UI is...
  6. Remove Auto-Appear Input Language

Remove Auto-Appear Input Language: I only have two input language in the Language Settings but there appear a third language which is englishmalaysia in the language bar. I do live in Malaysia but i don't need two English input as its annoying to not be able to switch between chinese and english freely. Anyone...
  7. keyboard shortcuts input language

keyboard shortcuts input language: I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use. The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!...
  8. Keyboard input language issues.

Keyboard input language issues.: my keyboard now produces é instead of backslash and É instead of question mark How do I repair ***Original Title: Keyboard*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-input-language-issues/50445bf1-de0a-4629-bf99-738c8bd491da
  9. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.: I use English as a language, but living in Spain I use a Spanish keyboard. (Sometimes I write in Spanish) Every time I turn on my Surface I have to manually change the settings to ENG/ES - ENG being the input language and ES being the keyboard input. Every time, if I...
  10. Keyboard language in taskbar

Keyboard language in taskbar: I like to have as minimum icons in toolbar as possible. One thing that I can't trun off is keyboard language. When I am on Typing and go to Advanced keyboard settings I put the tick in the setting: Use the desktop language bar when it's available, because that ist the only...