Windows 10: language: japanese to english

Discus and support language: japanese to english in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dwings02, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dwings02 Win User

language: japanese to english

I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese
    I want everything back in English
    I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale
    my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese..

language: japanese to english [​IMG]

am I missing something else or i'm doing it the wrong way?.. system language is still in japanese

:)

dwings02, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Eddy00 Win User

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

In previous versions of Windows (English), the display language was English and I could have the default input language in Japanese (IME). It seems in Windows 10 that if I want Japanese IME to be the default input language I have to have the display language
    also in Japanese.

I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't have done such a ridiculous change such as that because it would have been stupid, right?

Please let me know how I can make Japanese (IME) the default input language with the correct keyboard but keep English as the system display language.

Thanks!

Eddy00, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JamesZo Win User
    Default IME in Windows 10

Currently, I have Windows 10 running with Japanese as my first language preference and English as my second, with the Windows display language override enabled for English. I am using this set up because I do not need a separate English IME, and I do not
    want to first switch to the Japanese IME and then switch input mode to begin typing in Japanese.

The problem I am having is the imperfect implementation of the language override. The Windows Store is in Japanese, and apps are installed in Japanese, with no option to select English. I have been dealing with it since October, but I installed a new app
    today that is actually kind of annoying to use in Japanese.

Until Windows 8, the solution for what I wanted was simply to remove the English IME. This does not appear to be an option in Windows 10 as input methods are now directly linked to display language. Is there a workaround for accomplishing the same thing
    (i.e. default display language in English, and keep only the Japanese IME)?

Thanks,

James

JamesZo, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

NO you don't change local language in that *Smile

wait a min I making image

First go to font → Add English Font

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  5. dwings02 Win User
    it works but some still remains in japanese... like error loading on boot.. anyway most them are in english now...thank you very much

dwings02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. language: japanese to english - Similar Threads - language japanese english

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  5. Japanese to English Win10.

Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  6. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  8. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  9. Language in some apps in Japanese despite me changing language settings back to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in some apps in Japanese despite me changing language settings back to English.: Hello! A few months ago, I changed my language settings for non unicode programs to Japanese so I could use a program without it being in broken text. Now, after not needing that app anymore, I uninstalled it and changed my language settings back to EnglishCanada. Still, some...
  10. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f