language: japanese to english

Discus and support language: japanese to english in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dwings02, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dwings02 Win User

I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese
    I want everything back in English
    I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale
    my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

am I missing something else or i'm doing it the wrong way?.. system language is still in japanese

:)

dwings02, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Eddy00 Win User

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

In previous versions of Windows (English), the display language was English and I could have the default input language in Japanese (IME). It seems in Windows 10 that if I want Japanese IME to be the default input language I have to have the display language
    also in Japanese.

I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't have done such a ridiculous change such as that because it would have been stupid, right?

Please let me know how I can make Japanese (IME) the default input language with the correct keyboard but keep English as the system display language.

Thanks!

Eddy00, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JamesZo Win User
    Default IME in Windows 10

Currently, I have Windows 10 running with Japanese as my first language preference and English as my second, with the Windows display language override enabled for English. I am using this set up because I do not need a separate English IME, and I do not
    want to first switch to the Japanese IME and then switch input mode to begin typing in Japanese.

The problem I am having is the imperfect implementation of the language override. The Windows Store is in Japanese, and apps are installed in Japanese, with no option to select English. I have been dealing with it since October, but I installed a new app
    today that is actually kind of annoying to use in Japanese.

Until Windows 8, the solution for what I wanted was simply to remove the English IME. This does not appear to be an option in Windows 10 as input methods are now directly linked to display language. Is there a workaround for accomplishing the same thing
    (i.e. default display language in English, and keep only the Japanese IME)?

Thanks,

James

JamesZo, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

NO you don't change local language in that *Smile

wait a min I making image

First go to font → Add English Font

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  5. dwings02 Win User
    it works but some still remains in japanese... like error loading on boot.. anyway most them are in english now...thank you very much

dwings02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

language: japanese to english - Similar Threads - language japanese english

1. Review management software that has different languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Review management software that has different languages: Anyone have any experience with online reputation management software that has both spanish and french as language options for when you request feedback from your customers?
  2. Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows has supported multiple languages from the start. Now, it even lets you have multiple languages installed on your PC. You can use one for display, while other can be used to type, and so on. That said, Windows 10 [...] This post Fix: Cannot remove a Language...
  3. Languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Languages: Hi The keyboard short cut to change between languages is Left Alt / Shift. Is there any ways to change this as I use Left Alt for discord voice button and using WASD to move I sometimes hit shift which then changes typing languages. Is there a way to change the language...
  4. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra language bar appearing in taskbar: I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared...
  5. Windows 10 language problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 language problem: Hi guys, Lately for some reason Win10 got to UK language and Croatian language. I pretty much use Croatian locale and US language. I have no idea how UK got installed AND why. any Idea how to best remove that all together? Uk is set to display. I only need English and...
  6. Unable to download and install language packs after update to 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to download and install language packs after update to 1803: After an apparently successful update to Version 1803, I've found that my default language has changed to Italian, wheras before it was set to British English. I have added US and GB English to my preferred languages, but I cannot download the relevant language packs (the...
  7. Skype Translator offers Japanese as its 10th real-time spoken language

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype Translator offers Japanese as its 10th real-time spoken language: Today, we are thrilled to announce another Skype Translator milestone: Skype users around the world will now be able to make real-time voice and video calls in Japanese, in addition to the nine other spoken languages of English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese (Mandarin),...
language: japanese to english solved