Windows 10: Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment

Discus and support Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Windows version: not sure, but it is the most up to date one] In Windows Recovery Enviroment, whilst trying to repair a bootloop problem I have, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OWL282820, Nov 8, 2019.

1. OWL282820 Win User

Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment

[Windows version: not sure, but it is the most up to date one]

In Windows Recovery Enviroment, whilst trying to repair a bootloop problem I have, just before selecting Command Prompt, it asked me to select a language. As I picked up my mouse, I accidentally clicked on a language other than English, and I don't know which one. So now all commands I type in CMD are in a foreign language and are not recognised.

How can I get CMD back to english when I don't know what language it's typing in?

:)

OWL282820, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment

1. Language / Keyboard Layout Problem in Windows Recovery Environment - Similar Threads - Language Keyboard Layout

2. How to change keyboard layout in Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change keyboard layout in Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 11: In Windows 10, when using the command prompt in a recovery environment has an interface for changing the keyboard layout, like thisBut in Windows 11 there is no such interface to change the keyboard layout....
  3. How to change keyboard layout in Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change keyboard layout in Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 11: In Windows 10, when using the command prompt in a recovery environment has an interface for changing the keyboard layout, like thisBut in Windows 11 there is no such interface to change the keyboard layout....
  4. How to fix "Choose your Keyboard Layout" recovery environment loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "Choose your Keyboard Layout" recovery environment loop?: Hello, I am reaching out because I am trying to factory reset my Acer laptop and I keep running into a "Choose your keyboard layout screen." I have tried multiple fixes and nothing has worked, and I have not found anything referring to my specific problem. The way I get stuck...
  5. How to fix "Choose your Keyboard Layout" recovery environment loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix "Choose your Keyboard Layout" recovery environment loop?: Hello, I am reaching out because I am trying to factory reset my Acer laptop and I keep running into a "Choose your keyboard layout screen." I have tried multiple fixes and nothing has worked, and I have not found anything referring to my specific problem. The way I get stuck...
  6. How to fix "Choose your Keyboard Layout" recovery environment loop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  8. Problem with language and layout

Problem with language and layout: Hello, I have had troubles with my computer for quite come time now. I use a korean QWERTY keyboard but as I am french I sometimes need to switch to azerty. My system's language is english US. I configured windows to switch between the two keyboard layouts with a hotkey,...
  9. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...