Windows 10: Language keyboard layout switching issue

Discus and support Language keyboard layout switching issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skyner5, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Skyner5 Win User

Language keyboard layout switching issue

Hello,

Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters.
    For more than a year I had no trouble at all, I added the EN layout to the language module and used alt+shift to swtich between the layout and that worked fine.
    BUT recently, I don't know why, MS seems to have updated something and since, I have the following problem : there always are 2 layouts defined for the french language, Language keyboard layout switching issue 2bc54deb-816a-4e86-819e-fb33f3e33788?upload=true.png

and there is no other language set,

Language keyboard layout switching issue 116ecd14-eb74-4efd-9d05-847b2454ff28?upload=true.png and when I use alt+shift to switch between the different layouts as I always did during the past year, the small window that displays the layouts shows me 3 options ... And it's not really handy to type text fast ...
    Language keyboard layout switching issue caeaafec-2f26-4b97-93cd-8d16b804dc71?upload=true.png

Do you have an idea to remove the 3rd option ENG and have only the 2 first options ?
    I have a qwerty keyboard at work and made the same modifications to write text but never met the same issue ...Thanks in advance for your help and have a great day

:)

Skyner5, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Hi,

You can try these steps on changing your keyboard layout:

• On the
      Start
      menu, click
      Settings

• Select
      Time & language

• Click
      Region & language

• Select
      Add a language

• Under
      Languages, click the language you want as a default and click
      Set as default.

NOTE: In changing your keyboard layout, you can also try changing your computer's primary language.
    Your keyboard layout may also change in doing so. However, make sure to use the right keyboard layout for
    entering your password. You might not be able to sign in since the layout has been change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Language keyboard layout switching issue

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Language keyboard layout switching issue

1. Language keyboard layout switching issue - Similar Threads - Language keyboard layout

2. Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10: HI,I am having a Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Japanese Keyboard Built in. However, in my Windows 10 when i install the Japanese language, the @ symbol comes when i press "Shift+2".The Built in keyboard layout shows " symbol for "Shift+2".Please help me to sort this out....
  3. Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10: HI,I am having a Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Japanese Keyboard Built in. However, in my Windows 10 when i install the Japanese language, the @ symbol comes when i press "Shift+2".The Built in keyboard layout shows " symbol for "Shift+2".Please help me to sort this out....
  4. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  5. Prevent keyboard layout change when switching languages

Prevent keyboard layout change when switching languages: Hello. On windows 10, I have installed both the Italian my native language and Japanese I sometimes type with it keyboards. However, I noticed a very annoying behaviour: once I switch from Italian to Japanese, mykeyboard layout changes too, from Italian correct to English...
  6. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  7. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  8. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  9. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...