Windows 10: Language keyboard shortcuts issue

Discus and support Language keyboard shortcuts issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi! I'd like to ask you to help me to deal with a minor but quite irritating bug regarding the automatic reset of my custom language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eluvienne, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Language keyboard shortcuts issue

Language keyboard shortcuts issue eGk01WOGuqGhKbuqPEQb-GtwVaWPucwHL8IcXK9Xk80.jpg

Hi!

I'd like to ask you to help me to deal with a minor but quite irritating bug regarding the automatic reset of my custom language keyboard shortcuts.

I use three language keyboards on daily basis - Polish, Russian and Japanese, and I find using my custom shortcuts more convenient that using the Alt+Shift shortcut.

The problem is that when I shut down and launch my computer the other time, my custom shortcuts for Polish and Russian keyboard are reset, only the Japanese one is in its place. It looks like that.

https://preview.redd.it/x4du8sp0vzp...bp&s=d074f6586e13fda0942046d9f86306bc18dd901a

While my custom settings are this:

https://preview.redd.it/zzdma8x7vzp...bp&s=b29d40d30d889ffae9cc09edaa88ac89ba6cd53c

I tried other combinations, like Alt+Shift+number for all of them but there's no difference - Polish and Russian keyboard settings are always blank after the restart of my computer.

Do you have any idea why this happens and what the solution may be?

Thank you for taking your time!

submitted by /u/Eluvienne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eluvienne, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    How do i disable keyboard shortcuts?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

If you are referring to the shortcuts within the game, then you have to go into the settings of the game and make the shortcuts changed. If you want to change the language of the keyboard, then I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Language keyboard shortcuts issue

Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Language keyboard shortcuts issue

1. Language keyboard shortcuts issue - Similar Threads - Language keyboard shortcuts

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Language & keyboard issues

Language & keyboard issues: I am having issues regarding the Windows display and keyboard language.What I want: Windows displays everything in English, and there are two available keyboard options, English primary and Greek secondary.What I currently have which I have a problem with: Windows displays...
  5. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  6. language keyboard shortcuts

language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  7. Keyboard Shortcut Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcut Issue: Hello, I don't know if i'm writing this in the right thread so I apologize ahead of time. I just recently upgraded to a laptop that does not have the numeric number pad, I have always been able to do the "Alt + 3" to do a heart emoji but now I am unable to do it with the...
  8. Keyboard Shortcut Issue

Keyboard Shortcut Issue: Hello, I don't know if i'm writing this in the right thread so I apologize ahead of time. I just recently upgraded to a laptop that does not have the numeric number pad, I have always been able to do the "Alt + 3" to do a heart emoji but now I am unable to do it with the...
  9. Language shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language shortcut issue: I have a strange problem with my keyboard shortcuts for switching languages. In my preferred languages I only see English. But when I use the shortcut Win + Spacebar I have the options of English United States, Spanish US Keyboard, and Spanish Latin American Keyboard....
  10. keyboard shortcuts input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts input language: I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use. The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!...