Windows 10: Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English

Discus and support Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two customized keyboard language settings: English EN (US) and English DV (US - Dvorak). My most frequent usage is with English DV, but Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rayr0101, Sep 26, 2019.

1. rayr0101 Win User

Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English

I have two customized keyboard language settings: English EN (US) and English DV (US - Dvorak). My most frequent usage is with English DV, but Windows 10 keeps defaulting back to English EN which causes me to toggle back endlessly. Is it possible to set English DV as my default?

:)

rayr0101, Sep 26, 2019

2. Unable to set default language to English

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Apologies for the delayed response.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to understand the issue. Please provide us with the below details for better clarity.

• Did you try to add English using the steps suggested by Wungraileng Vashi
      on November 1, 2015?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to add English as your default language?

Please get back to us with the above details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that it is not possible to make an additional language as default since as you described that your base OS language is in English.

However you can change the language inputs by following the below steps.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language and region.
    • Click on language and check whether the computer has multiple languages.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English

Windows 10 English version: when the latest update occurred the system changed the language to German since that is where i reside

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to view the English language pack, under
    Control panel > Languages? If not, what is the error message you are getting when trying to add English language pack.

I like to inform you that, we no need to download English language pack additionally since, English language will be already available among the language list. You need to add the English language from the list.

I suggest you to try adding the English language and set it as default language in your computer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Add English language.

Follow the below steps to add your language from the language list.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Step 2: Override Windows display language and default input method to English.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Advanced Settings, form the left navigation panel.

• Select English language under
      Override for Windows Display language
      and Override for default input method.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English

1. Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English - Similar Threads - Language Keyword Keeps

2. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  3. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  4. Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?: Hello All,I have one issue that my windows keep mixing Arabic and English together somehow, even I chose English to be my default language.I added Arabic Language in order to add it to my keyboard then this issue came up, I removed Arabic from my settings but still my windows...
  5. Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?: Hello All,I have one issue that my windows keep mixing Arabic and English together somehow, even I chose English to be my default language.I added Arabic Language in order to add it to my keyboard then this issue came up, I removed Arabic from my settings but still my windows...
  6. How to change Windows language back to English

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Windows language back to English: [IMG]If you have accidentally changed your Windows PC language to another language that you are not familiar with and want t change it back to English, then this post offers instructions on how to get it done. The language of display you choose in Windows 11 or Windows 10...
  7. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  8. How to use English as default input language?

How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language...

My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language...: My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language Hindi on its Own. I have checked my Default selection in Setup which is all the time English. How does it then shift to Regional Language whenever I start typing any thing in Browser,...
  10. How can I change the default language mistakenly set to German back to English?

How can I change the default language mistakenly set to German back to English?: How can I change the default language mistakenly set to German back to English? I inadvertently set this when downloading translation software...