Windows 10: Language not English: Microsoft / Google derping

Discus and support Language not English: Microsoft / Google derping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like everything on my PC to be English. Now I am Romanian, and I'm not disrespectful towards my country in any way, but I know English just as well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Language not English: Microsoft / Google derping

I like everything on my PC to be English. Now I am Romanian, and I'm not disrespectful towards my country in any way, but I know English just as well, and I like everything on my PC to be English. I talk to more people that use English on my PC, I use forums that are in English, and in time it became so that I want to use soley English on my PC. It's not intuitive if it's not English. And I did everything I could in order to achieve that. Everywhere I can, I select UK or US, wherever possible, and I did that since I started having accounts for stuffs.

And now I dunno if it's Microsoft or Google derping, but look.

Language not English: Microsoft / Google derping [​IMG]

That is Romanian while connecting to Google's Gmail on Microsoft's Mail application. Now tell me how can I make it be English ? It simply bothers me to see some other language ... If it does that just because location, what'll happen once I start travelling ? Give me a language I don't know anything about ?

:)

Marron, Sep 7, 2015
  2. ummi666 Win User

Display language is not the same as what been set for windows and google chrome browser

All the while the language setting is in English and I didn't do any changes. I didn't know how suddenly the language change to Indonesia/ Malay language. When I check the setting of the language, it is still in English US. Besides, the google chrome is
    now Google Deutch although the Search Engine is set to google.com and the language is set to English US. There's no save button though.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ummi666, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Spellchecking in Skype

Hi,

I am using Skype for messaging both in English and in Swedish. The keyboard layout and the input language is Swedish, so every time I write something in English it underlines every word in red. Is there a simple way to change language of spell-checking or
    have 2 languages active at the same time without changing input language between messages? It's not a problem for Google but seems like Microsoft is not aware that people can use two or more different languages at the same time.

Sam Klebanov, Sep 7, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Check to see if your location is turned on?
    If so they already know, even if you turn it off now.

dencal, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Basically put, I think you would need to do a clean install using an English version of Windows. I've not seen good results when trying to have two or more languages installed on the same computer. Or maybe install the second version as a dual-boot setup.

As for any criticism one might receive for the choices made, I like to keep in mind that Latin was more or less the universal language centuries ago then with changes in the world French tended to be the Political language and English became the Technical language, the computer world is technical and requires precision/accuracy so that makes English most appropriate.

Berton, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Marron Win User
    Every single time I installed WIndows10 on any of my devices I turned location off, and chose English. But I think it's Microsoft that's derping. I just received an e-mail ...

Marron, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Marron Win User
    I installed Windows in English US. And that's the only language I selected, yet there are some parts that pop up in Romanian, like certain sites, and now the Mail application and an e-mail from Microsoft.
    I mean come on ... Other languages shouldn't even be available. It's just wasted programming effort. I don't want to see Romanian anywhere on my PC, so help me fix that. *Smile

Marron, Sep 8, 2015
  8. Marron Win User

Location is, was and will be turned of on my PC.

Marron, Sep 8, 2015
  9. Marron Win User
    Google was kind enough to offer me to translate the page back to English, but that's not the point. Why did Microsoft bother to translate that into Romanian in the first place ?

And well, my IP being from Romania is not really something I can change ...

Marron, Sep 8, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    If it is webpages, they will always come up in the native language they were coded in. If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, there are Translation add-on's which will change the webpage native language to English.

bro67, Sep 8, 2015
  11. Marron Win User
    It's not web-pages. It's a mail from Microsoft and Microsoft's Mail app getting permissions from Google to access my G-mail.

Marron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Language not English: Microsoft / Google derping - Similar Threads - Language English Microsoft

2. English language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language pack: I have upgraded my windows 7 home edition to windows 7 ultimate.The reason for this upgrade was that my windows is in Greek and i wanted the English version. Trying to download the English language pack i keep getting an error message.error code 80070002. Please help......
  3. English language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English language pack: I have upgraded my windows 7 home edition to windows 7 ultimate.The reason for this upgrade was that my windows is in Greek and i wanted the English version. Trying to download the English language pack i keep getting an error message.error code 80070002. Please help......
  4. English language pack for English voice recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language pack for English voice recognition: Hi There,My PC has only Japanese language pack and I need English one for English voice recognition. Though I tried to install it with my local admin right, I couldn't. I guess Windows Updates should be activated at installing language packs. I need your help to install...
  5. English language pack for English voice recognition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    English language pack for English voice recognition: Hi There,My PC has only Japanese language pack and I need English one for English voice recognition. Though I tried to install it with my local admin right, I couldn't. I guess Windows Updates should be activated at installing language packs. I need your help to install...
  6. Multiple English Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  7. Multiple English Languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  8. Restore English language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore English language.: Can anyone please help me to restore English as my default language ? I accidentally changed to French, which is not what I want. ***moved on english forum*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-english-language/c0a4483a-f63f-47f6-a33f-5fe4651c0233
  9. English Language Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    English Language Pack: Hi, I am an American currently visiting Mexico. I bought a computer here and am unable to change it from Spanish to English, it does not give me the option. I assumeI need to install an English Language Pack, but I have been unable to find it on the website. I am running...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...