Windows 10: Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop

Discus and support Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For at least 1 year, I have a problem with the language panel. On average once a week, sometimes more often, I find it missing from the task panel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maksym_Shevchenko, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop

For at least 1 year, I have a problem with the language panel. On average once a week, sometimes more often, I find it missing from the task panel. Nothing helps to get it back. Only after computer restart, I can see it, but not in the task panel where I want it to be permanently, but instead at the top of the screen, and then I need to right-click it, go to Language/Advanced settings/Options/Docked in the taskbar. It stays there for a few days, then the cycle repeats... Usually it is missing from the beginning of the day, but also may disappear suddenly during the session.

The CTFMON.exe is already in the register, does not help at all.

Please can anyone help me how to fix the language panel in the task panel FOREVER?

:)

Maksym_Shevchenko, Apr 1, 2019

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Default display language pack remains Swedish

Hi Terry,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry that you are still facing the issue.

I suggest you to change the language from Control Panel by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by from Categories
      to Small icons and click on Language.
    • Click on Add Language.
    • Double click on the Language you want to install.
    • Select the language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download and install language pack.
    • After the language pack is downloaded, change the default language and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop

1. Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop - Similar Threads - Language panel disappears

2. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  3. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  4. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Language bar is defaulted to Floating on Desktop. I need to change the Language...

Windows 11 Language bar is defaulted to Floating on Desktop. I need to change the Language...: I tried opening the settings, but I cannot see the same settings that I used to see using previous Windows versions. and I can't find any article that can help....
  6. Windows 11 Language bar is defaulted to Floating on Desktop. I need to change the Language...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Language bar is defaulted to Floating on Desktop. I need to change the Language...: I tried opening the settings, but I cannot see the same settings that I used to see using previous Windows versions. and I can't find any article that can help....
  7. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  8. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  9. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

10. A floating language bar disappears when I switch to Japanese

A floating language bar disappears when I switch to Japanese: Video: https://vimeo.com/583538026Also, I noticed that option "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" turns off when I switch to Japanese.I'd like to fix this issue somehow....